Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Woke up and seen these 2 in my yard

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 22many, May 11, 2011.

1. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

A nice way to start the day. I honestly see about 20 a month on my property. Figured Id share to those people that live in the city.

2. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Pretty Cool. Thanks for sharing.

So how many you have in the freezer? LOL Just kidding.

Stay Safe.

3. Brutis

Brutis Salem,Oregon New Member

I would set up a trail cam. if you see twenty you might be getting alot more. Cool pics thanks for sharing!

4. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

When I was in Texas you could wake up during the night and typically see 3 - 9 of them sitting on the lawn and eating my plants. But they were small about the size of big dogs.. Either that or the racoons or roof rats running acroos the roof.

5. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Lol. Don't think I haven't thought about it!

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Last September,a week after bagging my doe,a doe with 2 fawns,a spike,a tall lanky 3 point and a beast of a 3 point blacktail,wandered through my yard.They ran a few yards from my dogs,then just walked away.

I'll have bait out next year.(legal in WA) Then I can concentrate on my elk.

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for sharing man, don't see many of those on the South Waterfront :)

8. billc

billc Albany Member

I had to avoid one that was crossing Hwy101, in downtown Lincoln City!
    She was coming from the ocean. Didn't know deer liked to surf!

9. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Based on the surroundings we could be neighbors. We have frequent visitors also. These deer are like pets as close as they let you come. We've had 7 at a time come thru on their way to water.

The Wild Turkey, not so friendly. Pretty territorial considering it was my front yard. All in all one of the blessings of the country life.

We feed a lot of birds here also. I've adopted a couple of wood peckers, flickers and a squirrel or two (or Ten) that I'd like to give away.

Image00002.jpg

10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

You can discus "territories" with the turkeys over some mashed potatoes and gravy with cranberry sauce.

11. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

you could also invite the deer to be meat-e-ators, just in case the talks dont last that long, if it is anything like thanksgiving talks with the turkeys, it'll last a week or so.

On the other side, great pictures! I love waking up on mornings like that! enjoy!