JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
has to be able to hold ONLY 5 rounds if it can hold more you will get fined and possibly loose your license to hunt for the next 3 years and yes it you get checked they will check for that as well as check for fmj ammo which is also unlawfull to use

So, what would I do in the case of my SKS?
It has a stock 10 rd mag?
I think all states outlaw FMJ's for hunting these days, but I could be wrong.

Jumped two herds of deer with about 5 in each group this evening with a buck pushing the second group but he made it to the tree line ASAP out in a spot near Berlin rd.
I will try again tomorow.

So, what would I do in the case of my SKS?
It has a stock 10 rd mag?
I think all states outlaw FMJ's for hunting these days, but I could be wrong.

Jumped two herds of deer with about 5 in each group this evening with a buck pushing the second group but he made it to the tree line ASAP out in a spot near Berlin rd.
I will try again tomorow.

Here is a quote directly from the ODFW regulations whats prohibited

"Semiautomatic rifles with a magazine capacity greater than five cartridges prohibited (except for western gray squirrel)."

note it said with a magazine capacity

check out this link

http://www.code3tactical.com/tapco-sks-detachable-5rd-mag.aspx

the only other way is to make a block in it that can not be removed with out tools for example some have blocked 10 rd ar15 mags with a wood block it requires a screw driver to remove the floor plate thus can not quickly loaded with more than 5 rds but you may want to make sure by calling ODFW

where was you at? You didn't by chance see me did you? I ran into a guy today that was nice to chat with and then on the way out ran into a few more people.
We never exchanged names so I dont know who they were.

I had lunch with a big doe today.
No,really.
I was perched atop a powerline clearing where I had seen some deer last night and a big doe popped out of the brush about 30 feet from me and chewed on leaves watched me for almost an hour.
Never once getting spooked.
I moved, made noise and she didn't care a bit.
It was kinda wierd :huh:

I had lunch with a big doe today.
No,really.
I was perched atop a powerline clearing where I had seen some deer last night and a big doe popped out of the brush about 30 feet from me and chewed on leaves watched me for almost an hour.
Never once getting spooked.
I moved, made noise and she didn't care a bit.
It was kinda wierd :huh:

Did you try asking her to call some buck over?

I got a Nice 2x2 today. Was in the woods for about 45 minutes and came up on 4 little bucks all eating some acorns. Picked out this one because he was the biggest out of the bunch. He wieghted 96 lbs on the rail with out his right shoulder:s0155:, wasn't the best shot so we had to scrap it:(The butcher said he was above average so far this year, also said that a guy brought in a 4x3 earlier in the week that wieghed only 67 lbs, Good thing I was hunting meat and not antlers!
CIMG1514.jpg

Thanks, it was a running shot with alot of brush between us, from about 60 yards or so... Far enough had it been with a bow shooting would have been out of the question. It wasn't a Terrible shot, 180G like to eat deer shoulder for lunch.

I was picking up a friend to do some mushroom hunting today and saw a really big forked horn walking across the cross walk with a doe in front of me at the max parking lot at hwy 26 x hwy 217. darn city limits, not having a western buck tag, being in the car, buck being in the road..................

I was picking up a friend to do some mushroom hunting today and saw a really big forked horn walking across the cross walk with a doe in front of me at the max parking lot at hwy 26 x hwy 217. darn city limits, not having a western buck tag, being in the car, buck being in the road..................

Couple years ago my hunting partner and I met and rode together from that park and ride..... we hiked our ARSES off that day. After dark going back to grab his truck and saw a nice 3 X 4 walking down the darn sidewalk! Decent breeding in that area. :s0112:

Was out today and saw one doe,13 elk with one raghorn in the bunch. Elk were at 200 yds and do able shot (elk season of course)..would NEVER have seen them if I had not carefully glassed the clearing as I entered it(something many forget to do and blow anything out that was there)..I was prone so broadside on the raghorn looked good through the scope...pack out was straight up so bone out time.......

Thanks, it was a running shot with alot of brush between us, from about 60 yards or so... Far enough had it been with a bow shooting would have been out of the question. It wasn't a Terrible shot, 180G like to eat deer shoulder for lunch.

Dont worry that it wasnt a perfect shot. You got the job done, and thats what counts.:s0155: So what kind of rifle is it and what caliber?

you might save the 180 gr. for elk, drop to 150 gr. for deer. Nice looking fork.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top