JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i only got to hunt sat ( spent today helping my dad cut and load wood for the winter i am sore)

but yesterday saw the biggest bull elk i have ever seen in the woods darn thing was huge and the rack on it was as wide as the front of my truck running with a couple cows naturally its getting me fired up for elk season but pretty rough terrain where we saw it gonna have to figure something out for dragging a monster like that out if we get it . My hunting partner saw a 4x4 buck in the thicks but did'nt have time to get a shot off and naturally saw a bunch of doe .

Also, clip limit on any hunting firearm is 5 rounds. I guess hots of folks are out there breaking the rules :(.

Then again, if you are out there with your Dad pushing deer, thats what life is all about :) Landing one is just gravy.

The limit of a five round clip applies to semi-automatics only. :D

I hunt elk with Dad in eastern Oregon. He's 78. Time spent hunting with him is precious, He wasn't with me for my first deer. But he was just yards away when I pulled the trigger on my first elk. I'm not sure which one of us enjoyed that the most.

The limit of a five round clip applies to semi-automatics only. :D

I hunt elk with Dad in eastern Oregon. He's 78. Time spent hunting with him is precious, He wasn't with me for my first deer. But he was just yards away when I pulled the trigger on my first elk. I'm not sure which one of us enjoyed that the most.

Yeah, sure, 5 round only applies to semis... but c'mon... what's the point of a round limit in a bolt gun? :s0114:

I used to do biathlon, and we couldn't beat the Finn's and Russians 2-second rate of fire. If you are shooting at some poor animal for 10 full seconds, he should get a turn shooting at you ;)

i only got to hunt sat ( spent today helping my dad cut and load wood for the winter i am sore)

but yesterday saw the biggest bull elk i have ever seen in the woods darn thing was huge and the rack on it was as wide as the front of my truck running with a couple cows naturally its getting me fired up for elk season but pretty rough terrain where we saw it gonna have to figure something out for dragging a monster like that out if we get it . My hunting partner saw a 4x4 buck in the thicks but did'nt have time to get a shot off and naturally saw a bunch of doe .

Of course if you want to PM me where you saw that giant elk, I wouldn't mind. Every year I go on some bat-sh** crazy hikes in pooring rain along the coastal range to find some nice bulls. And every time I'm thinking of all the farms they are probably just standing and bedding in, waiting out the season, 100 miles closer to home. :)

I dont know why we have a round limit on any gun. I figure if you miss more than 5 times you are probably not going to hit it. and sometimes things get messy and having the extra rounds can be nice. I dont feel that having a 30rnd clip gives the hunter any advantage.

I'm pretty sure it has to be limited, similar to the limiters in shotguns for some bird hunting.

For some reason my Browning 7mm rem. mag. only holds 3 rounds. Anyone know why that is?

I'm pretty sure it has to be limited, similar to the limiters in shotguns for some bird hunting.

For some reason my Browning 7mm rem. mag. only holds 3 rounds. Anyone know why that is?

Your Browning was designed in several calibers. THe equivilent Browning 308 probably held 5 rounds, the 30/06 4 rounds, and the 7mm Mag and 300 WinMag are big enough that only 3 fit in the space.

On the other hand, you shoot a 7mm Mag. You *should* be able to do it with 1. ;)

Went out to the Ochocos, had 5" of snow Sunday, saw about 40 does per day, turkeys, elk, antelope, coyotes, a badger, eagles, cattle, grouse, pack of dogs and only 1 buck, which I missed this morning. Saw 9 bucks the day before the opener. Had a great time and wish I could go back a few more days this season but my schedule wont allow it. Camp around the corner had a bear walk right next to it, none of them had a bear tag though.

I am going out wednesday moring in the willamette unit around Beavercreek. Hopefully I will see something. I have a one deer tag so I will take a doe or buck. I just want the meat.

So, can you use a 10 round with 5 rounds in it or does it have to be a limited 5 round only mag?

has to be able to hold ONLY 5 rounds if it can hold more you will get fined and possibly loose your license to hunt for the next 3 years and yes it you get checked they will check for that as well as check for fmj ammo which is also unlawfull to use

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top