JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tomorrow's opening day of Deer season!!!

Been waiting since the end of Elk season last year. And that's a long friggin time. By daylight tomorrow I plan on being in my "happy place" and hopefully Mr. Bambi's dad will be there too.

Work's been sucking soooo badly recently, I'm overdue for the peace and quiet of the forest.

Good luck to the rest of you deer hunters. May this be a good year for y'all.:s0155:

Well I had a 2x3 that was built like a brick bubblegum house in my scope but I could never get a clean shot at him. He would turn away from me or skyline himself over and over. Oh well, try again next weekend.

How did everyone else do?

Went up on the Abiqua today, was like a war zone. People shooting above us and all around us as we pushed a stand of timber. To top it off somebody else shot the deer we pushed through. Think I'll wait until the week days and use some vacation or maybe get a bullet proof vest. LOL

im new to guns and have never been hunting, i was wondering...what are the basic items i would need to go hunting? is hunting with a glock 9mm completely RETARDED? im sorry, i know only a couple of shooters out here im fairly new. Im down to going with someone if they want company and dont mind showing a newb the ropes, im a pretty cool dude :)

I didn't realize it was opening morning so I took my dual sport out for a 100+ miler though the coast range. Holy bubblegum!! There is no way I would hunter over here. I didn't go more than a half mile for most of the day without seeing somebody sitting in their truck waiting to shoot anything that moved. I did hear a few shots but most guys I talked to hadn't seen anything.

lots of tracks and three does, but no bucks. Got sick this morning so i didn't go out. Maybe next weekend i will be more lucky. And thankfully i did have lots of people shooting around me. i think we were the only group where we hunt.

Alot of you have posted the reasons why if I dont get my controle tag for the east side I dont go hunting.. There are a lot of loonies out there and most of them should have guns. Im waiting till next year hopefuly my get my control tag.. Good luck to all

I didn't realize it was opening morning so I took my dual sport out for a 100+ miler though the coast range. Holy bubblegum!! There is no way I would hunter over here. I didn't go more than a half mile for most of the day without seeing somebody sitting in their truck waiting to shoot anything that moved. I did hear a few shots but most guys I talked to hadn't seen anything.

Amazing how many "hunters" sit in their trucks all day.:cool:

Wen't out yesterday & today. Nothing , saw plenty of grouse and a few rabbits. Even chased 2 bucks , One looked pretty nice. But it was good just to get out there, must say I had a good time.

Justgot back from fossil. In my 35yrs of going up there it snowed 2 inches. Had towalk alot and push them. Saw one buck but stayed behind 2 doe. Could never get a clean shot so I left him to grow a little bigger for next year. Juust nice to get out with family and relax and have fun. Dad is 81 so all the time spent with him is good and it keeps him young.

If you are hunting where you come across lots of other people of frequently hear gun fire, you need to find a new place to hunt :)

Also, clip limit on any hunting firearm is 5 rounds. I guess hots of folks are out there breaking the rules :(.

I like to hear about all those guys sitting in their trucks. I know the elk in the coastal range. It takes a seeeeeeeeeeerious hike to find them if you are on public lands. Its obviously not Elk season yet, but I hope they will have all had their fun by then.

Then again, if you are out there with your Dad pushing deer, thats what life is all about :) Landing one is just gravy.

This is my first season hunting, and I'm planning on starting Thursday! I'm still working on finding a friend in the area who can help me and my buddy butcher (I'd rather not pay a butcher to do it).

But man, I'm excited! I'm taking my late grandfathers Browning 7mm rem. mag. that he gave to my brother 15 years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top