JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to say. Personally, no interest in 6.8㎜ SPC or .300 Blackout; even less so ComBloc cartridges. (Come to think of it, the only Soviet satellite pew we have shoots .32 ACP / 7.65㎜ BR.)

It does, however, suck something royal for the guys and gals shooting various cartridges from that part of the world. I have to wonder about the viability of 5.45x39㎜ Soviet moving forward. Not that is a bad cartridge; far from it. I just doesn't do much different than 5.56x45㎜ NATO and the import ban ain't helping.

I'm not overly optimistic for an import ban being overturned. Bush the Elder, within in two weeks of his taking office, put in the place the 1989 "assault weapons" import ban via Executive Order. Any president, of either party, could have rolled it back with a single stroke of the pen, but didn't. And that included Dubya and the "big Second Amendment guy" that just left office.

I'm not overly optimistic for an import ban being overturned. Bush the Elder, within in two weeks of his taking office, put in the place the 1989 "assault weapons" import ban via Executive Order. Any president, of either party, could have rolled it back with a single stroke of the pen, but didn't. And that included Dubya and the "big Second Amendment guy" that just left office.
Lets not forget that Obama penned the import ban of all AK pattern rifles and shotguns from Russia in 2014, including the popular Saiga line. Edit and the VEPR line as well.

Once a ban/law is in place, any subsequent regime is loath to rescind it - just look at the Patriot Act & the AUMF of 2001. Still there after 20 years, and expanded.

Do you think 6.8 SPC or 300 blackout is now going to be a better option? As far as availability and cost going forward?
I don't know why the 6.8 never really caught on. But 30 cal has it's advantages for sure. I own 30-30, 308, 30-06, 300WM, to name a few. Keeps the reloading bench simplified.

Personally neither really have any appeal, 6.5 Grendel performs better then both supersonic in both long and short barrels and for subsonic suppressed use a 9mm carbine has similar performance for significantly cheaper.

Last Edited:
I don't think a 6.5G can push a 220gr projectile?
Didn't say it could, just that supersonic 6.5 has better ballistics then either 300BO or 6.8 spc and subsonic 9mm has similar performance to 300BO at ranges that matter with projectiles designed to expand at the lower velocities (although that last point is becoming less true)

Last Edited:
Didn't say it could, just that supersonic 6.5 has better ballistics then either 300BO or 6.8 spc and subsonic 9mm has similar performance to 300BO at ranges that matter with projectiles designed to expand at the lower velocities (although that last point is becoming less true)
That depends on whether you are talking internal, external, or terminal ballistics ........

I suspect if we got in a firefight by ourselves we would be overrun before we ran out of ammo.
You might expect a couple of basic scenarios, in my view. Several disorganized thugs might be turned away in panic by one shot fired. Or an organized, overwhelming force of federal agents would roll over you very quickly. Even 20K small arms rounds wouldn't hold off an M728 Combat Engineer Vehicle (like were used against the Davidians in Waco, TX).

I don't know why the 6.8 never really caught on.
For civilian use, maybe because there are just too many new cartridges that have come along in a relatively short period of time.

Lets not forget that Obama penned the import ban of all AK pattern rifles and shotguns from Russia in 2014, including the popular Saiga line. Edit and the VEPR line as well.
Molot got banned because they were going under financially and kalashnikov concern was in talks with molot about buying them out. And since kalashnikov concern was already banned, They lumped Molot in with that ban.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top