JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have all the eastern Euro/Rooskie manufactured 7.62x39 ammo I am ever going to buy - I hope; about 4K+, most of it SP or HP. I think I still have an undiscovered case of 7.62x39 somewhere that I have not found yet - IIRC it is something like 3K rounds?

I have 1K of Hornady SST 7.62x39, and intend to buy more US made 7.62x39 (besides Hornady, - Federal, Remington and Winchester each make 7.62x39 SP ammo). It will be more expensive, but it isn't bimetal jacketed either. I expect/hope that the US ammo corps will pickup the slack.

7.62x39 is one of my layers of SHTF defensive ammo. 5.7x28, my "get home" caliber, I have stacked deep (11K rounds) because it is expensive and hard to come by. 5.56x45 is another layer of 5K+ rounds. Between all three layers, not including 7.62x51, I have over 20K rounds for three people. So I am not worried much about ammo at this point. We may not shoot/train much, so I don't worry much about running out of ammo - I suspect if we got in a firefight by ourselves we would be overrun before we ran out of ammo.

300BO is used for 2 things, 1. A fan boy round that's trend has already blown over. Or it's intended purpose of shooting suppressed. With the recent purge of Blackout chambered guns I don't particularly think the round will ever be the better option. There's not alot of folks out there willing to wait 9 months for a Form 4 approval.

I think your view of it is limited.
It is used for more than just a) fan boo round and b) suppressed.
Users have used it 16inch barrels
Users use it for hunting.
If a) it's ballistics are similar to 7.62x39
And b) is more available, wider range of bullets, and is going to cost possible cheaper now, then why wouldn't it not be a good alternative? I still don't see any actually legitimate reason from you why it wouldn't be a viable alternative.

So, it performs similar, has better range of rounds, can be used suppressed or unsurpressed, short barrel or long, can still be bought, and can be reloaded with ease. Tell me why again this won't be a good alternative? Besides the two reasons that don't really say anything why it wouldn't, that you already mentioned?

And b) is more available, wider range of bullets, and is going to cost possible cheaper now, then why wouldn't it not be a good alternative? I still don't see any actually legitimate reason from you why it wouldn't be a viable alternative.

So, it performs similar, has better range of rounds, can be used suppressed or unsurpressed, short barrel or long, can still be bought, and can be reloaded with ease. Tell me why again this won't be a good alternative? Besides the two reasons that don't really say anything why it wouldn't, that you already mentioned?
Well it looks like you are the expert on the topic. So why are you here again? Are you just looking to argue with people that don't meet your views or provide enough details with their opinions?

300BO is used for 2 things, 1. A fan boy round that's trend has already blown over. Or it's intended purpose of shooting suppressed. With the recent purge of Blackout chambered guns I don't particularly think the round will ever be the better option. There's not alot of folks out there willing to wait 9 months for a Form 4 approval.
Recent purge of Blackout chambered guns.

What news did I miss?

Well it looks like you are the expert on the topic. So why are you here again? Are you just looking to argue with people that don't meet your views or provide enough details with their opinions?

Not an expert, not starting a hostile argument. Just a civial argument. Was just curious why 300BO was a poor choice and didn't get any actual solid evidence from you besides it's a fan boi round and only use is suppressed which is incorrect. Was trying to get maybe you or someone else to delve into why it's a poor choice a little further then because it's fan boi.

As far as 300BO I never touch the stuff but I do see it on the shelves more currently than x39. My last x39 purchase was from a forum member before things got totally out of control. I haven't seen any x39 brass to reload either. Hopefully people have hoarded, stashed or stocked up what they need.

It's funny because fan Boi, about 300BO is probably right. Or passionate or dedicated. It doesn't have to be a negative because it's true.

For hunting, I'd say that the best thing that happened this last year to boost the appeal of .300bo for ACTUAL hunting is that 30-30 doubled in price.
Will the 350 legend chip in? Idk , remains to be seen.

I understand what you're saying, and don't mean to be argumentative, but there are other uses for it.

I'm almost certainly an atypical shooter of .300 BO. I'm certainly no fanboy; I don't even shoot it very often. I also don't own any suppressors. Nothing against them, I just personally have no interest in them. I enjoy the .300 BO as a handy, accurate, cheap to shoot little rifle, kind of like a grown-up M1 Carbine.

Cheap to shoot! Cheap to shoot?! (Did he just say cheap to shoot?)

Yes, I did. My rifle was a bargain basic PSA kit. I think I have $400 into it, including the scope. I cast and powder-coat 160gr lead bullets (gas checked), use approximately the same powder charge that I do in a .30 carbine, and easily reform junk 5.56 brass into .300 BO. This makes for very inexpensive ammo that easily holds about 2moa for fun plinking all day long. I completely understand that few people want to go to the trouble of casting and reloading like that, but it works for me.

It seems like a niche cartridge to me, and not really comparable to 5.56 or 7.62x39.

As far as 300BO I never touch the stuff but I do see it on the shelves more currently than x39. My last x39 purchase was from a forum member before things got totally out of control. I haven't seen any x39 brass to reload either. Hopefully people have hoarded, stashed or stocked up what they need.

It's funny because fan Boi, about 300BO is probably right. Or passionate or dedicated. It doesn't have to be a negative because it's true.
I've never seen pallets or even just cases of 300 BO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top