JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As has shown recently with Arizona, and with reports coming from Florida about a possible "Democratic victory" and so on.... If this keeps up... What options are there for the loyal oppositions? What can the core group of gun owners, conservatives, and Small Government advocates do?

Short of a violent turn of event, I really do not see much that this can be slowed down or turned back... However, I keep thinking, if the rural communities are "a lost cause" because of numbers; what can they do?

Recall the Montana State legislature who passed Firearms Freedom Act in 2009, and the District Courts ruled that the State law contradicted with Federal Law, and thus Federal Law must supersede State law, and thus that the specific State law is unenforceable and nullified due to the Federal Supremacy Clause....
I can only hope that the current Presidency can put in another pro-Constitution Justice on the SCOTUS; because that is where the big battle will be, but.... I am afraid that with the last 10 years of the Supreme Court/District Courts of Appeals upholding the various State gun control laws, that there really is not much we can really do, other than civil disobedience. and moving to 2A friendly states; But retreating to 2A friendly states is itself not always a good option, because it means losing ground in other States to fight, and losing allies, as well as losing the numbers game in terms of population/votes/legislature bodies. :confused::( Now, more than ever, we need to get unified somehow, and become a wrecking ball in politics, make the politicians learn that gun control, increased taxes, and dictating laws that makes no sense, are political suicides. But how do we get started, when so many gun owners remain willfully ignorant to the stark realities?

As has shown recently with Arizona, and with reports coming from Florida about a possible "Democratic victory" and so on.... If this keeps up... What options are there for the loyal oppositions? What can the core group of gun owners, conservatives, and Small Government advocates do?

Short of a violent turn of event, I really do not see much that this can be slowed down or turned back... However, I keep thinking, if the rural communities are "a lost cause" because of numbers; what can they do?

Recall the Montana State legislature who passed Firearms Freedom Act in 2009, and the District Courts ruled that the State law contradicted with Federal Law, and thus Federal Law must supersede State law, and thus that the specific State law is unenforceable and nullified due to the Federal Supremacy Clause....
I can only hope that the current Presidency can put in another pro-Constitution Justice on the SCOTUS; because that is where the big battle will be, but.... I am afraid that with the last 10 years of the Supreme Court/District Courts of Appeals upholding the various State gun control laws, that there really is not much we can really do, other than civil disobedience. and moving to 2A friendly states; But retreating to 2A friendly states is itself not always a good option, because it means losing ground in other States to fight, and losing allies, as well as losing the numbers game in terms of population/votes/legislature bodies. :confused::( Now, more than ever, we need to get unified somehow, and become a wrecking ball in politics, make the politicians learn that gun control, increased taxes, and dictating laws that makes no sense, are political suicides. But how do we get started, when so many gun owners remain willfully ignorant to the stark

. The writing is on the wall.of the rusults of democrat run states .To many people live with their had in the sand . Or in their phone

Most of the forums we hang out on are enamored of their 501c3 status and are fearful of having members advocate to take a stand. Though the ENEMY seems to have myriad outlets and platforms to make their voices heard. They don't seem to understand that if our firearms are outlawed, or confiscated, they will have no followers, anyway. The bolt action folks are unlikely to be enough to support them. I have sent a PM to Joe Link about this, with no response, to date.

SO, the main problem isn't what the OP states, ( not an attack on the OP) the real issue is the "who gives a f-k what SCOTUS rules) when the states pull the preemption status or simply ignore Fed Law! See what happend when Trump threatened to with hold Fed funding to Cali with the fires? Yea, the States believe they hold all the power, and to prove them wrong will take a serious move by the D.O.J. and the former A.G. didn't have the balls to do what was needed even after he was ordered by POTUS! So, where does this leave us? THat can only be answered when the D.O.J. comes after the State Governers, A.G's, Mayors, and other officials and remove them from office and force the states to comply! Good luck with that!

SO, the main problem isn't what the OP states, ( not an attack on the OP) the real issue is the "who gives a f-k what SCOTUS rules) when the states pull the preemption status or simply ignore Fed Law! See what happend when Trump threatened to with hold Fed funding to Cali with the fires? Yea, the States believe they hold all the power, and to prove them wrong will take a serious move by the D.O.J. and the former A.G. didn't have the balls to do what was needed even after he was ordered by POTUS! So, where does this leave us? THat can only be answered when the D.O.J. comes after the State Governers, A.G's, Mayors, and other officials and remove them from office and force the states to comply! Good luck with that!

Again, here is my communication to the US DOJ, and the FBI. My query, alone, will be unlikely to gain attention, but many, might:

"Oregon's Gov Kate Brown was just reelected. She was under investigation for corruption, pay-to-play with state vendors, misuse of public funds, and using state employees for her campaign. She has been successful in quashing/concealing those investigations. She was also suspected of something illegal with Nike Corp, and the unions. She appealed a court order to make important information available to the public. If the appellate judge was one of her appointees, it would be problematic. She has accepted millions (undisclosed??) from prominent billionaires for the express intent of undermining the US Constitution, and depriving a class of citizens of important Civil Rights. Gov Brown and the Oregon AG are joined at the hip. We have no way of obtaining an impartial investigation on the state level. Please help us seek the truth.. Thanks."

Hope I don't get banned. :s0160:

Again, here is my communication to the US DOJ, and the FBI. My query, alone, will be unlikely to gain attention, but many, might:
"Oregon's Gov Kate Brown was just reelected. She was under investigation for corruption, pay-to-play with state vendors, misuse of public funds, and using state employees for her campaign. She has been successful in quashing/concealing those investigations. She was also suspected of something illegal with Nike Corp, and the unions. She appealed a court order to make important information available to the public. If the appellate judge was one of her appointees, it would be problematic. She has accepted millions (undisclosed??) from prominent billionaires for the express intent of undermining the US Constitution, and depriving a class of citizens of important Civil Rights. Gov Brown and the Oregon AG are joined at the hip. We have no way of obtaining an impartial investigation on the state level. Please help us seek the truth.. Thanks."
Hope I don't get banned. :s0160:

Hope you don't get banned either, take it from someone I am sure has has been discussed whether I should be here?
NWFA, is a great website for what it is, so lets get that out of the way. Even though this group has a epitaph of being a pro-gun group.
Its in words only, and like many other groups similar its in words only. That can be seen in the rules here and elsewhere were everyone know who is to blame and passing these laws, is known but we cannot discuss it here. We can however allow the oppositions party to speak on behalf of that party as some being pro-gun. Confused? Your not alone. The Admins and Mods here are pro-gun nuts like us all.
But the site here and others may not represent the true meaning.

Simplified, the 2nd Amendment was not politically correct action..... period. In the time of it being placed in the Bill Of Rights, it had only been only a few decades earlier tyranny wanted ownership abolished. It took hard work opposing those responsible.
Here this site, kinda sorta maybe active, but not in a advocate, symbiotic way with with firearms owners in the real world fighting.
So basically there are 40K members here we can only discuss gun rights and fights as long as it presented in a non-abusive way to
other parties. More of a passive please don't take our gunsfight then a, cold dead hands fight. Not being mean or disrespectful,
the fight is much more detailed then we can discuss here, so its really only half done in these groups. And I find that sad, there is a Voice here, and with a voice is power and influence. But the voices here don't matter to anyone else that already has power and influence, and that in my opinion will be where we will fail, by not using a loud established voice like NWFA. I can tell you with all confidence if the opposition was sitting on 40K in members, they would use it gain more power and greater influence.
But hey , lets go back and talk about 22LR's and where we like to hunt, its fun and we all enjoy it. Until they make sites like this illegal, then and only then will we see the voice was wasted.

STILL LOVE MY BROTHERS AND SISTER HERE, JUST WISH WE DID WAY MORE THEN IS DONE IS ALL !!!

Last Edited:
Thank you for your cogent summation. I am about to throw in the towel, myself. Regardless of its 'popularity', the 2ndA is a valid Civil Right. If gun owners, as a whole, are too apathetic to stand up for this important Civil Right, perhaps, indeed, they do not deserve to have it. It is NOT just about ourselves, we have (had) a responsibility to future generations to hand these rights down intact. They may direly need them at some point. Many men have fought and died, in order that we may have this sacred right. It seems a shame to walk away from that heritage.

Are we abandoning this man??

1.jpg

40,000, ostensibly, on this site, 114,000, on Oregon Firearms Advocates, and WE cannot come together, in a meaningful way, to make our voices heard.. Where is OUR Maxine Waters????? 154,000, total and NOT ONE SINGLE PLAN OF ACTION!!

I am going to do what I can to compile evidence about our 'Governor's', suspected corruption, send it to the FBI by certified mail, and wash my hands of the issue. Thanks again.

Last Edited:
Thank you for your cogent summation. I am about to throw in the towel, myself. Regardless of its 'popularity', the 2ndA is a valid Civil Right. If gun owners, as a whole, are too apathetic to stand up for this important Civil Right, perhaps, indeed, they do not deserve to have it. It is NOT just about ourselves, we have (had) a responsibility to future generations to hand these rights down intact. They may direly need them at some point. Many men have fought and died, in order that we may have this sacred right. It seems a shame to walk away from that heritage.Are we abandoning this man??
View attachment 518747
40,000, ostensibly, on this site, 114,000, on Oregon Firearms Advocates, and WE cannot come together, in a meaningful way, to make our voices heard.. Where is OUR Maxine Waters????? 154,000, total and NOT ONE SINGLE PLAN OF ACTION!!

I am going to do what I can to compile evidence about our 'Governor's', suspected corruption, send it to the FBI by certified mail, and wash my hands of the issue. Thanks again.

I have had extensive, and maybe even heated discussions with the ownership here. Over the last several years, NWFA as well as OFF have backed way off.
I used to see OFF at every gun show, its been around 5 years now, and they would rally up the people, now they rinse and repeat.
I am not sure exactly why the passive nature by ownership here? They have explained it, and state allot in rules and about this site. But quite honestly it still seem very passive and PC. I love it here, great conversations. But the members do not have a vote here or at OFF on how things go. The NRA is a tad different, but even they do what they want. A few years ago, I made progress hate beating that horse. But it took people by mass to show power and influence and progress was made. The evidence speaks loud what works and what does not.
CeaseFire has members here at NWFA, but they do not see this site as a threat or concern. We just sit around the campfire and talk about problems that piss us off, and then scramble to go elsewhere to solve them? I do not see the logic, in a disorganized front.. So brother you are not alone.... Make little to know sense. At the very least NWFA could break off into a Advocacy separate from here where numbers could be used. But I do not think they understand how it works.

I have had extensive, and maybe even heated discussions with the ownership here. Over the last several years, NWFA as well as OFF have backed way off.
I used to see OFF at every gun show, its been around 5 years now, and they would rally up the people, now they rinse and repeat.
I am not sure exactly why the passive nature by ownership here? They have explained it, and state allot in rules and about this site. But quite honestly it still seem very passive and PC. I love it here, great conversations. But the members do not have a vote here or at OFF on how things go. The NRA is a tad different, but even they do what they want. A few years ago, I made progress hate beating that horse. But it took people by mass to show power and influence and progress was made. The evidence speaks loud what works and what does not.
CeaseFire has members here at NWFA, but they do not see this site as a threat or concern. We just sit around the campfire and talk about problems that piss us off, and then scramble to go elsewhere to solve them? I do not see the logic, in a disorganized front.. So brother you are not alone.... Make little to know sense. At the very least NWFA could break off into a Advocacy separate from here where numbers could be used. But I do not think they understand how it works.

It is the 501c3 designation. They feel they cannot overtly offend the enemy.. Just put a red dot sight on my 45-70 lever gun. Going to go out and zero it, seems like fun!!
:s0042:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads