JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Freakin' Pakistan. Duplicitous bastidges.

http://hosted2.ap.org/COGRA/2e51528...-Pakistan/id-1d3397215dd34a67823efa9b033b4936

The U.S. officials explained Saturday how they first offered the location of the third, and then the fourth site, in order to give Pakistan another chance to prove it could be trusted to go after the militants.

In the tradition of 'trust but verify,' the Americans carefully monitored the area with satellite and unmanned drones, to see what would happen, after sharing the information a third and fourth time, the officials said.

In each case, they watched the militants depart within 24 hours, taking any weapons or bomb-making materials with them, just as militants had done the first two times. Only then, did they watch the Pakistani military visit each site, when the terror suspects and their wares were long gone, the officials said.

Well who do you think "created" and funded (still does, BTW) the Taliban in the first place? The Pakistani Secret Service... that's who.

I know. Ugh!!! I hope from this point on nothing is said and the Pakistani's find out the Taliban got a Hellfire up their butts when they ask the ISI why they didn't give them a heads up.

Dam I hate politics.......

+1

As much as I love this country and would burn the WHOLE WORLD to the ground to defend it, POLITICS is the reason I left the Army... you have NO IDEA the crap I witnessed (and went through) in the jungles of a certain geographical area of the world (I'll leave it at that) back in the 80's, only to see it was "all for naught" and actually worse there today IMHO. I have a serious clue how the Vietnam vets must have felt... and our troops today are going to feel that same "sting of betrayal" the way things are going... POLITICS, BAH!!!

I hear you Stomper. It's like sitting on the DMZ just south of the MDL in Korea laying in a Lazy L ambush with claymores up just waiting. Then you see the PRK special forces walking into your ambush but you can't light their asses up even though they're half a click south of the MDL until a 4 star in Japan authorizes you to do what you're there for to begin with. If we were South Korean troops they would of just opened up. Not like I didn't see that quite a few times back in 91 during Desert Shield/Storm.

I hear you Stomper. It's like sitting on the DMZ just south of the MDL in Korea laying in a Lazy L ambush with claymores up just waiting. Then you see the PRK special forces walking into your ambush but you can't light their asses up even though they're half a click south of the MDL until a 4 star in Japan authorizes you to do what you're there for to begin with. If we were South Korean troops they would of just opened up. Not like I didn't see that quite a few times back in 91 during Desert Shield/Storm.

A close friend of mine spent three tours in the sand box as a sniper. He told me about the "Rules of engagement". Total BS. In short the rules were that if they were watching somebody that had an AK in his hands, he was fair game. But if that guy laid the AK on the ground and stepped back, he was no longer a target. Isn't the enemy the enemy armed or not? The old phrase, all is fair in love and war.............You do not win a war by being polite and considerate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top