Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

wish the VA would hurry up processing my claim

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by x1hunter89, Dec 27, 2011.

1. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

i would like to use to money to spend on some new toys lol i filed it in aug and still aint done and it was on a quick ship (means they are suppose to do it faster then normal) since i was getting out in aug and i did it last min anyone else have problems with their claims?

2. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

I think it was 5-6 months from the time I got out before I got my first check, but this is back in 2003 so I don't know if they're faster or slower now.

3. x1hunter89

probly slower just like the economy lol

4. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

A lot of it depends on what the claim is for and where you put it in at. I did mine in Seattle, and the Polytrauma team there managed to push it through pretty quickly in 4 months. If it's a severe injury and you can't work because of it, or can't make a living because of it, the claim seems to get processed faster.

5. x1hunter89

yeah its TBI traumatic brain injury just makes me forget what im saying its quit annoying actually and some small stuff i i dont mind but the tbi makes me have head aches like no other i just would like to get medicine for it plus later on if i get a tumor its probly gonna be from the tbi anyhow i just with they would hurry up

6. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Hunter I was over a year on mine. I was told by a Veteran Service office that the Portland Regional office is about 300 claims backlogged

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If it were just house foreclosure paperwork they'd get it done in one day!!

8. iusmc2002

You don't need your monetary claim to aid you in getting treatment from the VA. So getting medicine for your "headaches" has nothing to do with your claim. BTW, there isn't bubblegum they can do to help you with those headaches. Other than keeping you in a farking induced coma, they have nothing to treat them with. Learn to live with them.

The good news though, once you get a VA rating, if you don't feel it's sufficient, it's pretty easy to get it increased.

9. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

I can only remember waiting for months if not years. Hang in there and if I can be of any moral support let me know.
    Mike

10. x1hunter89

thanks guys yea i remember they gave me some medicine i put under my tongue and it disolves and it made it less severe but they have been killing me recently

11. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've been waiting for about a year, now. That's on my permanent increase. I've been waiting for about 9 months on a temporary emergency increase- was supposed to get that in 6 weeks, being an emergency and all.... But who are you going to complain to? The vet that gets paid $10/hr to answer the phone?

BOHICA

12. x1hunter89

yeah i think maybe they could put some more money in the budget rather then spending all the money on elected officials i think those guys in congress should get the same pay as the service men and women they are (elected officials) no one ever told them they had to just like the service men and women they that would make some room for faster va response times maybe and more va benny's

13. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Get an advocate. Either from the DAV, VFW, or some other vets org connected with your disability (PVA and BVA come to mind). Many times an advocate can help speed things along.

14. x1hunter89

yeah thats who i used when i first sent it to them the texas vetran people (i dont remember what their names where) down in ft bliss

15. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I lucked out when I first filed. The State VA office had a great lady there and she helped me a lot to get started.
    I later went to AMVETS to get their help on a percentage increase. I highly recommend AMVET's.

Also There are some vitamins that might help with migraine prevention. You can take a calcium/magnesium tablet, a B50 tablet and Co-Q10.

Visit this website
    TBI Headache Prevention Meds - NeuroTalk Support Groups

It is a forum for ppl with your challenge. and the bit i viewed from others with TBI was impressive.

May God keep you in his arms.

16. iusmc2002

What do these do for a person?

17. x1hunter89

thanks a bunch mark ill check it out

18. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Like they say in the boats "That's a look up."