JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sprung!! Headed home with the family. Will find out about cancer situation next week.
Great news, getting to go home. Continued prayers for your complete and uncomplicated recovery, Father may your blessings and holy hand be upon Kyle, touch him and provide him a complete and miraculous healing, by Your very hand, in Jesus name, Amen...

. That's why sex was always so good when stoned.

Spoken like a true child of the 60s'- 70's. Was pretty good.

Tried the chocolate for relief of neck spasms that would induce a migraine, eating it is not the same experience that I used to get but it brought me no relief.

Edibles are a bit different than smoking it. Takes a little experimentation to get it right.

Was able to walk around for a few minutes just now, might have accidentally mooned some people when my gown came untied. The pain is almost excruciating but tolerable with minimal drugs. P.S.-morphine will flat knock you out, I told them no more of that, LOL. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.
Narcotics can create their own big problems. They shut down your digestive tract and the resulting constipation can be a real nightmare.

I'm sprung!! Headed home with the family. Will find out about cancer situation next week.
Hurray! Hospitals are hard places to recover in. Nothing like your own bed, your own food, real sleep, and family.

Continue to keep us posted, Kyle.
Carol

Glad you are mending well. Second what you have heard on the weed/THC stuff. As I write this I am in St Charles hospital in Redmond recovering from an intestional abcess for the last 3 days.

They have offered me up all kinds of pain meds and I turned down most all of them. I told them I took CBD/THC gummies for my various aliments and the doctors never batted an eye. Of course most of these doctors male and female look about 20 years old any way, but the attitudes have changed over the last few years with this insane prescribing of opioids, which my cop friends tell me is the root cause of the increases in heroin addiction and use.

That's what you get for eating sushi straight out of the boat at Gold Beach!! Well, that's what happened to a friend in Cabo... a parasite left a hole in his stomach and messed him up. I have another friend that lost several feet of intestine. Not Crohn's but too much aspirin... I hope you heal up soon!!!

Spoken like a true child of the 60s'- 70's. Was pretty good.

Edibles are a bit different than smoking it. Takes a little experimentation to get it right.

Yes, I understand that Acapulco Gold and Maui Wowie is nothing compared to what they have now. Kinda scary.

FWIW the chocolate bar that I chose was a 50/50 bar of CHD/THC. That stuff is expensive!!! It comes segmented like a Hershey bar. Started out with 1/4 of a piece, then tried 1/2 a piece. Made me sleepy/swoony, did not relieve the pain and neck muscle spasms. Perhaps if I took more and went to sleep that would have been ok. But was afraid to try more and too cheap to go thru the $30 cost of ten pieces one whole piece at a time. Not sure how the gummies pencil out... better than $30 for ten pieces???

VA won't dispense Vicodin anymore, I'm having some success using Sumatriptin prescribed for the tension migraine caused by the neck spasms.

Sorry Kyle if this is too much off topic, but just in case you might be interested in edibles as a pain mgt option, it could be worthwhile info...

Last Edited:
Sorry Kyle if this is too much off topic, but just in case you might be interested in edibles as a pain mgt option, it could be worthwhile info...
No worries, I tried edibles before getting my diagnosis but stopped immediately when the kids were asking why I was acting weird. I was busted, lol. Sorry to hear the VA won't help with the pain meds, lately I'm swimming in them and don't hardly need them. Too bad it's against fed paw to share them as I'll never use them.

No worries, I tried edibles before getting my diagnosis but stopped immediately when the kids were asking why I was acting weird. I was busted, lol. Sorry to hear the VA won't help with the pain meds, lately I'm swimming in them and don't hardly need them. Too bad it's against fed paw to share them as I'll never use them.

Busted... LOL!!!

OK Kyle, no pain meds. I'm curious as to how you are managing pain to stay ahead of the "screaming" stages of breakthrough pain. I know others have said that massive doses of Ibuprofen works. My daughter had Gabapentin for her broken femur. I take that for peripheral neuropathy, but I'm not allowed to take most NSAIDs due to kidney disease, and I laugh when they say Tylenol is the answer.

Busted... LOL!!!

OK Kyle, no pain meds. I'm curious as to how you are managing pain to stay ahead of the "screaming" stages of breakthrough pain. I know others have said that massive doses of Ibuprofen works. My daughter had Gabapentin for her broken femur. I take that for peripheral neuropathy, but I'm not allowed to take most NSAIDs due to kidney disease, and I laugh when they say Tylenol is the answer.
Much to my surprise they gave me steroids to reduce inflammation, they work far better than the morphine and oxy. Too bad the steroids inhibit rapid bone repair so I'm done with them after today so probably back to the pain meds if needef. Hopefully I'm past the breakthrough pain and don't need them. I'm READY for a normal BM:oops:!

Much to my surprise they gave me steroids to reduce inflammation, they work far better than the morphine and oxy. Too bad the steroids inhibit rapid bone repair so I'm done with them after today so probably back to the pain meds if needef. Hopefully I'm past the breakthrough pain and don't need them. I'm READY for a normal BM:oops:!

So, probably not anabolic steroids like one takes for muscle building. More like a super-cortisone??

So, probably not anabolic steroids like one takes for muscle building. More like a super-cortisone??
I believe so, although I could use the other. The past several months of pain preventing me from normal physical activity has already lost me plenty of muscle.
Oh well, I turn 40 next month and should be well on the road to recovery!

I believe so, although I could use the other. The past several months of pain preventing me from normal physical activity has already lost me plenty of muscle.
Oh well, I turn 40 next month and should be well on the road to recovery!

Both my mom and one of my granddaughters have birthdays in Feb. Very interesting people and fun to know. Have a fab birthday enjoying your new neck!

FWIW the chocolate bar that I chose was a 50/50 bar of CHD/THC. That stuff is expensive!!! It comes segmented like a Hershey bar. Started out with 1/4 of a piece, then tried 1/2 a piece. Made me sleepy/swoony, did not relieve the pain and neck muscle spasms. Perhaps if I took more and went to sleep that would have been ok. But was afraid to try more and too cheap to go thru the $30 cost of ten pieces one whole piece at a time. Not sure how the gummies pencil out... better than $30 for ten pieces???

It takes a bit to get the dosage levels right. What has worked for me is the gummies. The 50/50 ratio does exactly what you describe.I was cutting a piece into thirds and doing a third at 7:30 pm and ready to go to bed about 9 pm. Anything above that left me with some increased heart rate and vertigo. I found that a 60% CBD to 40% THC works better for me anyway. My wife takes a half to a whole CBD gummy.

I took half a CBD gummy, and then my usual third of a CBD / THC gummy. That worked awesome, I got the relief from the CBD and that level worked well, what ever the percentage worked out to.

It takes a bit to get the dosage levels right. What has worked for me is the gummies. The 50/50 ratio does exactly what you describe.I was cutting a piece into thirds and doing a third at 7:30 pm and ready to go to bed about 9 pm. Anything above that left me with some increased heart rate and vertigo. I found that a 60% CBD to 40% THC works better for me anyway. My wife takes a half to a whole CBD gummy.

I took half a CBD gummy, and then my usual third of a CBD / THC gummy. That worked awesome, I got the relief from the CBD and that level worked well, what ever the percentage worked out to.

Going to PM you cuz I don't wanna take away from where this thread should be...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top