JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, wish me luck. I am going to be carrying a loaded Glock for the first time ever to work tomorrow.

I know you are all saying "Don't do it! Glocks can't be trusted!" and I already know that. Glocks are conniving, double crossing, little monsters that bide their time just waiting for the first opportunity to stab you in the back...or more literally shoot you in the rear.

Still, I carried my G33 (the smallest and most timid of my Glocks) around a bit today while running some errands and I think it and I have come to an understanding. I made it through several hours without a single spontaneous discharge.

I want to get used to carrying it before adding the new stainless slide and night sights to it this weekend.

So everyone keep their fingers crossed for me tomorrow. Hopefully I will make it through the first day with maiming myself or having it attack a customer. Hopefully I will make it through the first day with maiming myself or having it attack a customer. I hope it does not ka-boom on me either. I hear they like to just explode for no reason too. I might let it leave a shell casing in Trlsman's burger tomorrow just to satisfy it's craaving to do evil, but hopefully that will be the worst of it. :D

I've been carrying my S&W M&P 45 for about couple months now. Please pray for me too. I worry it might suddenly jump out of its holster, and with the lack of safety and DA, perhaps just started shooting everything in sight. Thank God I have a good holster.

Seriously, guns with safeties and hard DAs suck for self-defense. THis is my conclusion.. Glocks S&W M&Ps are the way to go in the modern era. I know the 1911 , Sig and other Safety gun gurus will come to attack me and I am not doubting that they are good defense pieces, but I just don't feel comfortable with that type of pistol. Personally, I think more accidents happen fromt hinking a gun is safe than from knowing a gun is always loaded an dangerous. Lot of people will say that since they train with safety, its second nature. And, although I know its probably true, I have heard many stories of people who under stress couldn't even figure out how to start their dang car. What exactly do you think would happen if you have a gun with a safety and your life is at risk and you may just not remember where the little switch in those few seconds of fate.

Also, I like that my S&W M&P 45 is ready to go.. IF I am in a life threatening crisis and time is the issue and motor skills are lacking, having a gun to pull and shoot can save ur life. Having to worrying about a safety, a stiff trigger pull can get you killed. Thats why I got rid of my Sig, sexy as it was, I think it was a lousy defense pistol. That DA pull is too stiff. My M&P, I pull quick and bang bang bang. The only thought it my mind is where is the gun and where is my target.. No , having to think about where is my safety, cocking a hammer, or missing my target due to sloppy shot under stress due to a DA trigger pull.

PP,
I love your posts!
I am truly entertained and informed I might add.
I will have to warn my "family" Glocks some of their cousins are on the "loose" up north and not to even think about misbehaving!
If they did, I would have to spank their butts :)

BTW SS Slide? Lone Wolf or??? Info please.

SR

SS 15.gif

I don't now, nor have I ever, owned a Glock. I am what you would call "old school", I carry a 2.5" S&W Mod. 19. The .357 is one of, if not the, most reliable rounds for a one shot stop. And if I can't get it done with six, then I should have brought a shotgun.

That being said, I have friends who have switched sides, trading their steel for plastic. I've shot the G19, 23, and 26 extensively. They are extremely accurate and reliable, and they hold a bunch of ammo. I have yet to see one malfunction. They're just so darned ugly!

And myself, I wouldn't want a handgun I couldn't pistol-whip someone with!

Well, so far so good. I made it through the first part of the day with no problem. That even includes the Northwest Firearms forum lunch earlier today.

Now I just have to get through the second part of the night. That might be more difficult because we have live music on thursday nights and you know how Glocks and hippie musician types do not get along. :)

Well, so far so good. I made it through the first part of the day with no problem. That even includes the Northwest Firearms forum lunch earlier today.

Now I just have to get through the second part of the night. That might be more difficult because we have live music on thursday nights and you know how Glocks and hippie musician types do not get along. :)

I would post the Gun Love lyrics from ZZ Top, but this is a PG site. :s0114:

Yep, I'm old school also. Only because I've lived that long. My poor J Model 36, doesn't get carried much any more. However, my Glock 27, 40 S&W, is a daily carry when not on duty. Duty carry is his bigger brother Glock 22.
Why the stainless slide? Except for a New Glock 22 that I picked up last month, all the others including the 27 wear Lone Wolf Barrels, that are a plus in that they handle all loads, and shrink group sizes a bunch!:D:D:D

Well, two full days of carrying it and no problems. I did switch to my Kahr PM40 yesterday when I went to the gunshow because I was only wearing a t-shirt as a cover garment, but otherwise it has been the Glock in my waistband.

I am starting to think that Glocks might not be as dangerous as I had feared and that all the risk was just in my head. :)

PS: I picked up night sights for it yesterday and the stainless slide arrives today. I cannot wait to get it together.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top