JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is just another instance where I hate consumers and lawyers equally.
Philosophically I have a problem with this.
Though a person my not follow my logic here, if one accepts the legitimacy of this lawsuit, which forces a company to compensate their customers for the misrepresentation of the product, then one indirectly accepts that it is the responsibility of the government to make us safe from guns.
You may ask, how do you misconstrue 21 & 48 CFR issues (federal code for products and contracts) and a guaranteed right?
This lawsuit protects those folk who are not sophisticated enough to determine that a product's claims are BS. A claim was made, a unilateral contract formed and courts were used to enforce it, thus protecting us.
Government firearm restrictions are purportedly to protect people from dangerous firearms. Our nation holds a contract with its citizens guaranteeing a right, but that right carries inherent dangers. Solution? Restrictions.

I'm from the government and I'm here to help....

In the end, less restriction equals more freedom. Included in that freedom is letting the market decide the fate of Wise Foods:
  1. Consumer buys product.
  2. Product performs significantly below expectations.
  3. Consumer attempts to return said product.
  4. Company refuses.
  5. Consumer starts telling people.
  6. Market dries up, company dies.
And the lawyers, who contributed NOTHING to society in this suit, get paid.

Last Edited:
I'm sure @Alexx1401 will now make plans to carry ice cream, cookies, his entire garden and a live prime beef cow on his back when shtf.
Me? I'll continue with the "emergency food" as I've been taught. It's worked quite well so far.

The one "emergency" most likely to happen here is a real good shake. If it's bad enough for power to go down for many days as long as my house does not fall down we will be fine. I will have plenty to do to not sit around and worry that the food we have is not 5 star. As long as it does not make us sick I will call it a win. :)
Now if all goes south and we have to head for the hills, again the quality of my food would be so far down on the list of important I would not notice.
Years ago I got a couple cases of MRE's from an Officer when his guys were leaving the place I worked. Opened one of them to try and it was horrible. I could see why the troops had so much left over. Wife tried one and said same. I kept them a decade or so knowing that if things went south they would taste just fine when hungry. Now days if things go bad people will be wailing that Starbucks is not open. :) I do buy and keep on hand some powdered sour cream. Does not last decades and is not nearly as good as fresh but, does make stuff that is not top of the line taste better. Ahhh roughing it :)

That's when the hordes of zombies start wandering around asking for your food because the didn't bother to think ahead. It will be interesting times, for sure.
That will happen fast. When Y2K was being hyped even Wife started to get worried. We had the normal supplies. I told her we were fine. She said "but some are stocking years worth". I said a lot of them don't own guns. If all crashes they will feed us to come and protect that food :)

Serving sizes are no different than the ratings for rafts. A 6 man raft as near as I can tell is two men in the raft and 4 guys hanging for dear life to the outside of the raft.
LOL, good one!! Tents are like that too. Last one Wife and I bought is listed as an 8 person. Works great for us and 2 10 pound dogs. Could 8 people sleep in it? Yes, would I want to? NO

LOL, good one!! Tents are like that too. Last one Wife and I bought is listed as an 8 person. Works great for us and 2 10 pound dogs. Could 8 people sleep in it? Yes, would I want to? NO
Its why I don't go by "how many people" but by "how small is it really?" :rolleyes: that said, I haven't bought a tent, new or used in a long time.. not since getting the USMC Improved Bug Net system popup bug bivy tent :D been tarping over that or a hammock.
Oh yeah thats another thing. Hammocks.
They say "double", they don't mean comfortable for 2 people :rolleyes:

The meals now days are nothing compared to real C-Rations. Even at that, they were filling, and loaded with all the essentials.
Chow in the mess hall, was the breaking of the ice for me, getting use too. Then come the C-Rats. IMO, they were good. Well, more like tolerable. LOL.

The MRE's, they changed since I was in. Ours were the dark chocolate brown, sealed meals. Since they changed again to the desert sand colored pouches, I have not tried them. I would think the latest renditions are very consumable.

Makes me wonder, is Exlax included in them? LOLOL
I would love to find a decent price Part "A" / Part "B" by the cases. I'd buy 20 cases real quick :)

The meals now days are nothing compared to real C-Rations. Even at that, they were filling, and loaded with all the essentials.
Chow in the mess hall, was the breaking of the ice for me, getting use too. Then come the C-Rats. IMO, they were good. Well, more like tolerable. LOL.

The MRE's, they changed since I was in. Ours were the dark chocolate brown, sealed meals. Since they changed again to the desert sand colored pouches, I have not tried them. I would think the latest renditions are very consumable.

Makes me wonder, is Exlax included in them? LOLOL
I would love to find a decent price Part "A" / Part "B" by the cases. I'd buy 20 cases real quick :)

Pound cake and peaches. :s0151:

They haven't held up well. The mains are inedible, the chocolate fudge discs are usually toast, but the crackers can usually be eaten, as can the jam or peanut butter.

Lot of vintage C ration reviews here steve 1989 c ration - YouTube

Did not click
I have plenty of memories playing Grunt. No re-cap necessary!! LOL

Inedible, hmm. Maybe under high heat conditions, not kept cool are causing the issues?
I have a hard time thinking the new rations could be less edible than C-Rats.
Not that I'm doubting what you're saying.

If you have WISE foods, be sure to read the article
WISE Food Storage: Is it a Wise Purchase?

In 2017, a class-action lawsuit was filed alleging that WISE was engaging in "unlawful, unfair, and deceptive advertising and business practices." In 2018, WISE agreed to settle, although they claim no wrongdoing. The settlement amount was released last week.

The Lawsuit charges (among other things)
"Wise Company's long-term and emergency food kits provide less than half the daily calories necessary for an average adult to survive."

"WISE claimed in their response to the lawsuit that "Plaintiffs have not actually consumed any of the products they purchased and, therefore, have suffered no injury in fact whatsoever" so no harm, no foul. In other words, well, since you haven't ACTUALLY had to rely on our food, you should be fine."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top