JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

But compare it to coverage about Kyle Rittenhouse within a day of that event. His social media, interests, associations, are all "covered". He's called a "vigilante".

So... no "defense." But no commentary on any vigilateness. No 'deep dive' into his social media. None of the bubblegumte I've come to expect from CNN. Just the facts ma'am! lol

I predict we'll see no talking heads flapping their jaws. No "analysis" of "what this says about us." No "deep dives" into associations, beliefs, on and on that is the fodder of the press nowadays when it's about someone they don't like/is not on "their" side.

Yeah. No defense.
Allow me to explain the difference.

Kyle quickly became in icon in 'the culture war,' probably unintentionally. His trial was all about a conflict of ideology for a whole lot of people. Usually when stuff is about politics and ideology, it becomes open season for the media and other interested parties to speculate on ties and motivations. People on gun boards tend to participate in that kind of speculation relentlessly (and within minutes of an event being reported), so this can not be a new concept for you.

The parade guy is not at all like Kyle. He is a selfish, woman-beating, person running-overing murderous career criminal. His motivation is simply that he is a bubblegum-hole. There's nothing politically or ideologically scintillating here for the media to jump on and self-gratify over.

But here, let me fill in the blanks for you - on social media, he has mostly been interested in things like home electronics and cars, he likes Barry Manilow, and subscribes to the "tips on effective domestic abuse" newsletter. He hasn't voted, ever, but if he did he would have voted for Trump, but only because he thinks Biden is a wimp.

Wow, wasn't that scintillating?

I never thought I would read complaints about the media reporting just the plain facts on a gun board. It's almost, inferentially, a variation on the theme of "facts are racist." A very novel usage!

The only coverage I have seen that is remotely empathetic to the parade jerk was a mention that he 'appeared to weep' at his indictment, which could be taken as some indication of remorse. It was in the New York Post, which, if you don't know, leans to the right.

Last Edited:
50827521-10238327-image-a-31_1637765206200.jpg

50849197-10238327-image-a-79_1637778588118.jpg

Allow me to explain the difference.
I don't think even you believe your explanation.

In short: within days CNN, et. al. had demonized Rittenhouse based on their own politics. (As everyone now knows, that demonization was based on lies; Rittenhouse was as apolitical as they come.) Whether or not he was an "icon" to anybody is irrelevant – as a NEWS organization they're supposedly not on any side. Why did they do this? The simplest explanation is that they were attacking an "enemy," because they have chosen sides.

Waiting on a similar reaction to Brooks. Oh wait, with Brooks there's nothing that would give it a political angle. Nothing politically scintillating. That's the ticket.

Darrell Brooks Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

lmao

So yeah, I stand by what I wrote. They'll defend Brooks – being a partisan organization they have already chosen a side, and Brooks doesn't fit their profile of an "enemy." The fact he's a vile guy limits their options in that defense. They'll just keep quiet, ignore and forget. That's a huge defense when your only form of offense is talking.

Darrell Brooks Jr. is the registered sex offender with two open cases and an extensive criminal history who is now charged with five counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the Waukesha Christmas parade rampage Wisconsin that left 60 people injured.
It does make one wonder if this individual was this far gone mentally and ethically, why the hell was he out and about?

Yeah, thousands of violent criminal scum like this have been released or not held in custody due to backlogged courts, concerns over Covid, and overcrowding. But at the same time the lawmakers still want to pass more anti-gun laws, and de-fund and downsize police departments.

Add to the mix that innocent people who defend themselves are being persecuted by those same courts and the media.

Anyone suprised by this? If you are, just wait and watch a bit. More to come I fear.
Yup.....

What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Aloha, Mark

In short: within days CNN, et. al. had demonized Rittenhouse based on their own politics. (As everyone now knows, that demonization was based on lies; Rittenhouse was as apolitical as they come.) Whether or not he was an "icon" to anybody is irrelevant – as a NEWS organization they're supposedly not on any side. Why did they do this? The simplest explanation is that they were attacking an "enemy," because they have chosen sides.

Waiting on a similar reaction to Brooks. Oh wait, with Brooks there's nothing that would give it a political angle. Nothing politically scintillating. That's the ticket.

lmao

So yeah, I stand by what I wrote. They'll defend Brooks – being a partisan organization they have already chosen a side, and Brooks doesn't fit their profile of an "enemy." The fact he's a vile guy limits their options in that defense. They'll just keep quiet, ignore and forget. That's a huge defense when your only form of offense is talking.
You're not going to get a "similar reaction" because, again, the two cases are foudationally different.

Good luck!

lmao

This post has already been validated. Simply put, everything about Rittenhouse- history, online presence, family, friends, has been completely investigated with a fine tooth comb, finding absolutely no evidence of criminal action or racism and still, a huge chunk of the media along with politicians all the way up to the Oval Office, called him a white supremacist. Compare that to the coverage of Brooks, an individual who by his own words and actions, is absolutely an anti-white terrorist and black supremacist. 5 minutes of looking at his history leaves zero doubt. Why then are these same media outlets and politicians not labeling Brooks accordingly? Yeah, the media lied about Rittenhouse and will not tell the truth about Brooks.

The police announced that "This was not a terrorist event."

Translation:

"The FBI as assured us that the perpetrator was not being groomed by them to commit a terrorist act so they could brag about catching him before it happened. They told us to deny that the act was one of terrorism. However, we are not convinced that they are telling us the truth."

The police announced that "This was not a terrorist event."

Translation:

"The FBI as assured us that the perpetrator was not being groomed by them to commit a terrorist act so they could brag about catching him before it happened. They told us to deny that the act was one of terrorism. However, we are not convinced that they are telling us the truth."
This the FBI definition of domestic terrorism-
Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

Brooks is the actual poster child for this definition. I suppose there is no hate crime here either, according to the FBI....lol.

I read Barri Weiss' substack, from the latest:

"Caused by a SUV": The Waukesha killings are quickly being memory-holed since the primary suspect, Darrell Brooks, doesn't fit the proper narrative. Six people have died so far; one of them is an eight-year-old boy named Jackson Sparks. Many others are still in critical condition. The Washington Post is describing it as "the Waukesha tragedy caused by a SUV." I wish I were kidding. In the meantime, it appears that Brooks was a fan of Hitler.
Ahh, the memory hole. A primary way the MSM... strike that, anyone... defends their narrative, and by extension anyone, any act, that gets in the way of that narrative.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads