JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not going to get better with the media branding us as the bad guys.
We scare people with open carry,because they don't know the difference between the good guys and the bad guys.
The guy with the gun must be the bad guy? Right?

They try the "brandishing your weapon" tactic

Seattle cops would do the same thing.Tacoma,most of Washington's larger cities,with Seattle wanting to ban all guns within city limits,would do this.
They tried to ban guns on city property,you know,property line to property line?

I believe the only way this gets better is open carrying in the outer limits and having the city folk see it's pretty normal out here.

It's not going to get better with the media branding us as the bad guys.
We scare people with open carry,because they don't know the difference between the good guys and the bad guys.
The guy with the gun must be the bad guy? Right?

They try the "brandishing your weapon" tactic

Seattle cops would do the same thing.Tacoma,most of Washington's larger cities,with Seattle wanting to ban all guns within city limits,would do this.
They tried to ban guns on city property,you know,property line to property line?

I believe the only way this gets better is open carrying in the outer limits and having the city folk see it's pretty normal out here.

You have a point with "The guy with the gun must be the bad guy?"
In the media, TV, Movies, etc... Only the police or the bad guy has a gun. You never see an open carrier or even a concealed carrier in the plot line of CSI, or any other TV show. Wouldn't it be nice....I digress.

Seattle cops, Tacoma cops do not do the same thing. If you notice in the background of this picture (with Attorney General Rob McKenna) the SPD.

washingtonoclicense.jpg

Was that the day they had the open carry rally?
There was a whole group open carrying.Seattle had brought in officers from other jurisdictions to help with security
(talked to a Kent cop that was there)

It was a group rally.

It was an organized rally that the SPD was ready for,knew about.
And that would be the STATE attorney general,he has nothing to do with how the SPD will react when he is out of the city

Now,go to any of the burrows in Seattle.Heck try Wallingford,Freemont? U district,Ranier Beach maybe.
See what the reaction is.People will call the cops MAN WITH A GUN.
I guarantee you the dispatcher will not tell the caller it is the man's right to open carry a handgun.

And don't tell me Lakewood or Tacoma wouldn't do it
Tacoma has been skeered for years,and lakewood? You saw what happened there.

As for CSI,you can't even own a handgun in NYC so open carry won't happen on that one.Vegas and Miami I'm not sure about.

Was that the day they had the open carry rally?
There was a whole group open carrying.Seattle had brought in officers from other jurisdictions to help with security
(talked to a Kent cop that was there)

It was a group rally.

It was an organized rally that the SPD was ready for,knew about.
And that would be the STATE attorney general,he has nothing to do with how the SPD will react when he is out of the city

Now,go to any of the burrows in Seattle.Heck try Wallingford,Freemont? U district,Ranier Beach maybe.
See what the reaction is.People will call the cops MAN WITH A GUN.
I guarantee you the dispatcher will not tell the caller it is the man's right to open carry a handgun.

And don't tell me Lakewood or Tacoma wouldn't do it
Tacoma has been skeered for years,and lakewood? You saw what happened there.

As for CSI,you can't even own a handgun in NYC so open carry won't happen on that one.Vegas and Miami I'm not sure about.

No this was not an open carry rally. I carry in Seattle on a weekly basis with no issue. I carry around Greenlake and Wallingford. I live in NE Tacoma and carry in Tacoma nearly everyday. While the climate from 2006-2007 was very different, it has changed for the better.

I listened to the audio link provided in that story. When the lady who called it in was notified by the 911 dispatcher that open carry was legal and asked if she was bothered, the lady replied no. Although we don't know all the facts, it seems that the guys who were arrested have a case for a legitimate lawsuit!

So tell your friends and family Please please please don't call 911 with a question,call the PD desk first so a cop doesn't need to be dispatched.
And maybe if you aren't bothered by it,just have another piece of pie?

I was in Madison, WI when this occurred. The media tried to make more out of it than it is, as there are a lot of hunters/shooters in that state.

The TV media kept calling it a "disturbance". Seems to me that many cop cars created that "disturbance".

I really hated a quote from the MPD: "We can arrest anyone who is causing alarm". I hope he gets a good lesson in the laws of Wisconsin.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top