JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I can say is thats alot of wolves in a very short period of time. Though theres a debate on wether or not wolves actually effect livestock, Im willing to give ranchers the benefit of the doubt and freedom to do as they wish as far as wolf control goes, but as a compromize I dont think hunting a predator like wolves in those speeds these days is acceptable.

"Hunters and trappers in Wisconsin killed 216 gray wolves last week during the state's 2021 wolf hunting season"

"State authorities had a total culling goal of 200 wolves, in an attempt to stabilize their population. As Native American tribes claimed a quota of 81 wolves, this left 119 for the state-licensed trappers and hunters. Because the tribes consider wolves sacred, they typically use their allotment to protect, not kill, them."

There were 16 more wolves harvested than planned.

View attachment 837081
216 is a good start.

Wolf packs must have made a come-back. The ten years I hunted northern Wisconsin, the only wolves I ever saw were in my scope. :rolleyes:
A pack of bear dogs on a trail met a pack of wolves in Wisconsin. Here's what the owner found when he caught up with his dogs. As a former hound hunter, I hate wolves with a passion.

wolf lunch 2.jpg

Do tell.....what exactly does roasted buttholes smell like? Ranch corn nuts? Where did you get your point of reference?

:s0108:
Sir! Toasted and roasted are two very different things. A hot fart will toast a butthole. I have no idea what a roasted one smells like.
...roasted buttholes. Like I'm some sort of heathen. Sheesh.
On a different note, it's good to see that we're keeping politics out of this discussion regarding buttholes and corn nuts.

Sir! Toasted and roasted are two very different things. A hot fart will toast a butthole. I have no idea what a roasted one smells like.
...roasted buttholes. Like I'm some sort of heathen. Sheesh.
On a different note, it's good to see that we're keeping politics out of this discussion regarding buttholes and corn nuts.

Well played. :p

And, in other carbon footprint news, we have this Chicago Tribune headline:
In Chicago, 81 people have been killed this year. That is 7 more than 2020.
For some reason thuglife management has not been able to keep pace with 2016-2018, in which 100, 103 and 83 were killed by Feb. 28th of each year. Unlike neighboring Wisconsin, licensed hunters had nothing to do with this. Many of the unlicensed hunters in Chicago were found to be "repeat hunters"

EDIT: In Chicago, the "hunting" is so bad, that
this site keeps stats. Thanks to another forum member for this.

Q: Where are the Chicago Hunters (team name?) getting all that ammo?

Last Edited:
All I can say is thats alot of wolves in a very short period of time. Though theres a debate on wether or not wolves actually effect livestock, Im willing to give ranchers the benefit of the doubt and freedom to do as they wish as far as wolf control goes, but as a compromize I dont think hunting a predator like wolves in those speeds these days is acceptable.
You must not be a hunter.
Wolves (and cougars ) are decimating elk and deer herd numbers. For what.....so a few people a year can say they saw a wolf or cougar in the wild?

Though theres a debate on wether or not wolves actually effect livestock,
My rancher friends in NE Oregon, NE Washington and most of Montana have been financially impacted by wolves. Many ranchers would like to deliver a few trailer loads of wolves to downtown Portland and Seattle. Portland and Seattle were both wolf habitat areas before white settlers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top