JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All seasons Black Hills HoneyBadger Pistol Ammo, because HoneyBadger don't give a damn about clothing layers.

For my 12 gauge, I do change from #4 buckshot to #1 buckshot in the winter.

Double tap the snot locker and it's lights out :s0140:
tenor.gif

• Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) such as loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)
  • Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
  • Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
  • Winchester Ranger Bonded 124 gr +P JHP (RA9BA)
  • Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)
  • Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)
  • Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)
  • Speer Gold Dor 124gr JHP
  • Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)
  • Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)
  • Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +P JHP bonded (GSB9MMD)
  • Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
  • Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
  • Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)
  • Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
  • Federal HST 124gr JHP +P (P9HST3)
Pick one
:eek:

In the winters, I carry my typical hunting/fishing hog leg in 45 Colt. My warm weather carry is a Shield or a Smith 642 that become BUGs to the big Ruger
265gr Kieth over 9.0 of Unique doesn't worry about some dirtbag's puffy coat.

Shoot for the head nobody likes getting shot in the head.

This dry humor really did make me laugh.

In seriousness, you can spend a lot of time and money seeking the perfect wonderbullet. I often think it's a fools errand.

FMJs make more holes on thru-and-thru which accelerate bleedouts. Or just grab any of the top FMJ makers and call it a day.

I highly doubt any modern round is going to even notice a down jacket or flannel shirt.

I would say a larger capacity handgun is ideal since "misses" with bulky clothing (which acts as 'concealment' to some extent) OR someone might be wearing body armor under a bulky outfit. Might have to aim for non-torso body parts.

My oldest son has a friend who is a city cop in Upstate New York. A few winters ago they had a call on a homeless guy causeing trouble. They found the guy and he was tweaked out. It was about five degrees below zero and this guy had several layers of sweat shirts and coats. This cop was carrying a 9mm pistol. He emptied his 9mm on him and he took most of the bullets. Not one bullet penitrated this tweaker. When shot fired went over the radio a sherrif deputy showed un and took this guy out with a head shot, 40caliber.

Winter time I carry a 10mm or a 357 magnum.

9mm would be good in the late spring to early fall
In my oppinion.
Ask ten people and you will get ten answers.

Wow! That's quite a story. Not this time of year, but more during the milder months my shooting partner and I used to test penetration on winter clothing we got from the local Goodwill Store. Tim found a couple of manikins in the back lot when they closed up the J. C. Penney's store in Rice Lake. So, we packed those up and hauled 'em off to my range. Sort of fun to dress up the man version with those pink and lime green wool coats that went out of fashion 25 years ago.
We were testing some of the polymer filled hollow points ( Hornady Critical Defense ) in .380, 9 MM & .40 S&W. Found pretty much the same thing as we added layers, but if just a T-shirt, flannel shirt and winter coat, we did peel some manikin skin off those dummies, and they just stood there, never returned fire. :p

My oldest son has a friend who is a city cop in Upstate New York. A few winters ago they had a call on a homeless guy causeing trouble. They found the guy and he was tweaked out. It was about five degrees below zero and this guy had several layers of sweat shirts and coats. This cop was carrying a 9mm pistol. He emptied his 9mm on him and he took most of the bullets. Not one bullet penitrated this tweaker. When shot fired went over the radio a sherrif deputy showed un and took this guy out with a head shot, 40caliber.

Winter time I carry a 10mm or a 357 magnum.

9mm would be good in the late spring to early fall
In my oppinion.
Ask ten people and you will get ten answers.
Pretty much confirms my lack of confidence in 9mm as a cold weather load except possibly the +P+, or penetrator loads. In cold weather I carry a Glock 23 with 180gr Gold Dots. Have a Glock 29 I'm prepping for cold weather carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top