JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm such a real unsophisticated cigar smoker that you all won't be able to stand it !!

Backwoods Sweet Aromatic

Scotch?

Wild Grouse

Sipp'n Whiskey (don't laugh, or Janice will getcha)

Southern Comfort

Never the less, I hope one day to join you at the Roadhouse. :s0155:

Frog.

That means a lot to me, sir. I appreciate your compliment very much!
May I ask which wine shop you managed? I've been exploring the world of Italian wine, and it's pleasantly overwhelming to say the least.

Try the E&R Wine Shop on SW Macadam in Portland for a great selection of Italian wines, sold by guys who know a lot about them.

Went to a Crown Royal tasting last night. CR isn't my first choice - I'd rather drink a nice Bourbon or Scotch, but I do keep a bottle in my garage for when I'm fiddling around with projects out there.

In addition to the standard Crown Royal offering, they also had Special Reserve, Cask No. 16 and XR.

Special Reserve is a bit smoother than standard CR with more spice - clove & cinnamon. It's maybe $10 more than standard CR. I might pick up a bottle at some point just for something different.

Cask No. 16 was probably my favorite tasting of the night. This is finished in cognac casks and has a nice fruit finish at the end. Again, also smoother than a standard CR offering. However, price on this is quite a bit more - $105 here in Wa State. Not sure it's worth that much of a premium over standard CR or Special Reserve.

Last was the XR which is a limited-stock item from CR's Waterloo distillery (which burned down, taking much of its stock with it). Again, much smoother than standard CR with vanilla and maybe a touch of raisin. Definitely a top-quality whiskey, but at $185/bottle, priced too high (in my opinion). Given the price & rarity of this, I probably should have taken more advantage of the tastings offered.

Good post. I on the other hand like Crown Royal as a good value, but will spring occasionally for the fancier versions. On my honeymoon in the US Virgin Islands, we were able to buy the pricey stuff without tax or duty so it was worth it.

On a side note, I know the owner of The Educated Cigar, Rick Orenstein, out of Richland, Washington where I grew up. He has a mini fridge in his shop full of beer for whoever and was the most welcoming host where we would sit out on the patio and have a puff. If you beat him at chess, you could pick out a cigar, which was saying a lot. He carries the high-end stuff so if that's what you're looking for, throw some business to a good guy.
http://store.educatedcigar.com/

Just picked up a bottle of Aha Toro Anejo tequila tonight. Very smooth with an almost buttery flavor and hints of oak. I recently did a "flight" of anejo tequilas at a local restaurant and this was my favorite of the three (the others being Don Julio - which was good - and I think El Tesoro).

One word of caution: the bottle is hand-blown and apparently pretty weak. If you buy some, be careful not to bash it around too much. The liquor store clerk said they've had them break just by setting them on the shelf. I may not cry over spilled milk, but spilled tequila... well, maybe this stuff.

I would have to say that the 20yr Pendleton is my favorite Along with Macanudo 1968, triple maduro, Davidoff Zino Platnuim. There are many others. The store i like to get my cigars at Is AVVA wine and cigars in Salem, they are attached to the lancaster mall. A few of the employees are gun Hobbyist. Also It is a nice place to sit and smoke after work or while the woman is shopping.

I don't drink much, but my favorite cigar is whatever I can grab outta my humidor! Tatuate, Romeo y Julieta, Partagas, H. Upmann, Punch. So many delicious choices, I let fate decide it for me! :D

Mark-60, long time no see! Check your PMs, I have some information for you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top