JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How can the the party of people compassion tax them just for the sake of it. 600K is like taking the rich No real amount of money to accomplish anything other than to break the will of the people for Tyranny. Especially where you can hardly own a gun.

<broken link removed>

Ah, yes. Another attempt by the most corrupt metro area in the country to stop crime by taxing the law-abiding.

There are a couple of places in the country that could just fall into a sinkhole and the world would be a better place. Chicago pretty much tops the list in my book.

Corruption, Police brutality that's legendary, a population that thinks repeating the same thing expecting a different result is a good idea and a political class that looks exactly like Tammany Hall.

They should have an extra sign under "welcome to chicago"..

It should read: "Proud of 100 + years of politcal corruption, mob activity and unstoppable crime, enjoy your stay".

I am so TIRED of the entire US being dicated to by three cities in that cannot clean up their own backyard.... If these cities had ANY balls, they'd tell the cities population that they are calling in the Feds to clean up crime, starting yesterday.

Frigging call DHS with their 2 billion or so rounds of ammo, armored vehicles and body bags and start filling them up... I don't give a crap who's offended (cause I'm offended that my rights are being trampled because of THEM). I don't give a crap if their white, black, brown or yellow... Fill a couple hundred body bags (still less than the yearly average for chicago) and criminals will start paying attention.

Rant off...

President Preckwinkle maintains she won't make decisions on the basis of whether or not somebody is going to sue the county, otherwise we'd never make bold proposals.

Here, let me fix that for you, Preckwinkle:

President Preckwinkle maintains she won't make decisions on the basis of whether or not something violates the Consitution, otherwise we'd never make illegal proposals.

How is this different from a "poll tax", which created an unconstitutional barrier to voting? This creates the same sort of barrier to the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. It will be interesting to see the legal argument from the City in favor, and the Court ruling explaining how it is not a barrier to exercising those rights, because you know that the lower Court will rule in favor of the City.

Those gun shops might want to move out of the county.
I know its tough and expensive, but if your neighboring gun shops have no such tax in their county, this tax could put you out of business anyway.
There are little counties all around Cook County. I do not know the lay of the land out there but it may be an option.
Deny Cook County of their new tax altogether.

If that doesn't work Texas is gonna end up with all the good gun companies and cool stuff:(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top