JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lost no power.

The lights flickered a number of times, but I think that the valley got more wind than the mountain did. Not sure why that is, but when I have looked at the wind flow maps, it seems that the wind flows around the hills (Chehalem may officially be a mountain - the highest one in the valley - but to me it is just a high hill) with the winds being more severe in the valleys. At least it seems that way on the north side.

I did see a lot of forest trash on the roads, a PGE truck and FD handling a downed power line near the base of the mountain, and downed trees in the valley, but nothing up here.

Unless a windstorm causes a huge amount of downed trees and widespread power outages, I don't think I need to worry much. I can keep warm (wood stove), I have automatic emergency lighting that comes on in every room, I have food and water for weeks to months, and I have a backup genset if the power stays out.

The biggest threat would be if one of the trees near the house fell on the house, or on the shop.

Nothing here... power flickered, but stayed on. Nothing came off my roof, but boy... as a roofer.... I've been everyone's best friend for the last couple days.

And just FYI - if you had tabs flapping in the wind, glue those guys back down. They will rip off next time. And if you lost tabs, you now have exposed fasteners and probably have exposed seams as well... water WILL be getting under your shingles, even if you don't see it soaking through your ceiling just yet. A couple hundred dollar repair now can save you a couple grand in sheetrock, electrical, and/or rot repair later. Get your local roofer up there ASAP!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top