JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any Winchester collectors out there? I am collecting early semi autos. I have some intrest in Remington too. I now have a 1903 22 auto, 1905 32 WSL, 1910 401 WSL and a Rmington model 24 22lr. These are kind of the forgotten guns. There are still some out there affordable to buy. I've been picking up the vintage ammo too. I would like to find a 1905 35 WSL and a 1907 351 WSL.

My dad just picked up a 1905 .35 wsl. Serial number dates it to 1906. 50-60% bluing, wood is in good shape and it is 100% shootable. We took it up and up 25 rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly and had good accuracy at 100 yards. It's a joy to shoot too, very little recoil. Overall a good gun.

The only real drawback is getting ammo for it. We did find some places online for about $2.00 a round so we bought 100 and will attempt reloading that brass once shot. Should be fun. It sucks not being able to walk into bi-mart and buy ammo, but really it's not any more expensive than shooting a 300 win mag or 338, etc.

I have a great interest in collecting Winchester but currently only have 3) a model 121 .22 single shot, Model 1906 pump .22 and a Model 1895 in 30-40Krag Deluxe non checkered with the Lyman receiver sight and the 28" barrel.

Looking to pickup a 1966 Winchester Centennial rifle next as well as a Model 55 .22 (semi auto single shot) and a Model 1886 in 45-70(will have to go with a repro or new issue to be able to afford it)

I love old Winchester but prices are a little out of my price range so my collection is growing slow.
I own a 1943-48 Winchester 30-30 and Winchester 1200 pump. Trying to save up some cash for a 22. pump next.

I like old Winnie's better than anything else and I own several. Got a 68, 69A, and 72 in .22. Got a Hi Wall, 2 94's, a model 70 and model 88 in centerfire. Wanting a model 100 and always open to old beater mistreated Winchester .22's as restoration project guns. Nothing as satisfying as bringing old guns back to life.

To me the name means lever rifles. I have a 1954 model 1894. A .375 big bore XTR model 1894. And a 9422 .22mag. with checkered stock and pistol grip. The 1954 has little wear and just the right patina. The .375 is beautiful but new. I hope to get a 92, 72, 63 .22 auto and some others if I live that long. I wish they made .22 win. auto ammo still. Those autos are a lot cheeper than the 63's.
I just love the old worn look. You can't get a nicely worn original winchester from the factory. The tuff part is finding one worn in but not worn out. And at a decent price. I paid $375 for the 1954 but were not gona see those those prices for long. So get them now! If only I got started on them years ago. But those WWII guns got me side tracked. And befor that it was black guns. My 63 will cost me $700-$800 for an OK nicer one. I will most likely get the levers in modern made winchesters or nice clones to save money.
Winchester made military guns too. I only have one. A winchester 30 carbine. You said you'r into winchester autos. And a 30 carbine is a very fun gun to shoot. You should try one. + they are still very affordable.
As for old ammo. I shot a bunch of old L.C.30 carbine ammo a few weeks ago. Some as old as 1945. Very tarnished but shot just fine. Stuff lasts forever if made well.

Just remembered this tread. The memory is the second thing to go. Can't remember what the first was. I,ve picked up a 351 WSL and a model 1890 WRF recently. I am glad to see the intrest here. I have always like the winchesters being guns that worked pretty much under all conditions.

Medic, I'm supprised the pre 64's are still as cheap as they are but some of the rare ones are really up there.I'd like to have a 63 also. I have a 1903 and it's a cool old gun but the ammo is a pain. A few years ago I got some from the old western scrounger at $12 a box, wish I'd have got more than 3 boxes but I have other guns if I just want to shoot. I have a 9422 mag to. Mine is plain jane with straight stock and no checkering.