JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, it was quite the buzz at Shot Show this year but it has yet to become available yet. I was considering it when they actually had an available date, but that has come and gone and I have gotten over it. Gave me more time to ponder the plastic receiver.

Auto bolt hold open with Winchester mag, cleaning hole in rear and tear down is a bit easier (maybe). Other than that, it's just something different.

Any follow-up reviews after a few years of use? Thanks,
I bought one when they first came out. Haven't shot it a lot but it has been dependable and reliable. Eats any brand ammo with no problems and is easy to clean and maintain. Not many aftermarket accessories. The peep site is a piece of crap though, won't hold adjustments and falls off. I put an inexpensive Bushnell red dot on mine and find the rifle to be accurate enough for me.

Thank you for letting me know about the reliability and good enough performance. I am considering in keeping it and this will be my on-the-go and quick access standby rifle instead.
1712325297231.png

I had one for a while. Bought it to take to an Appleseed event with my daughter. It ran well, and was accurate. but the plastic bits in the trigger pack feel very flimsy to me so I ended up selling it. For the price it was great, but I did not have a lot of confidence in the durability and how long it would hold up.

I just spoke to Winchester about the Wildcat. For an on-the-go purpose, he recommended this rifle because it will fire almost any ammos even the inexpensive ones including lead. So you'll never even need to worry about any barrel wear. The rest of the common parts that might wear in the future are some of these but all in all, they have and some other dealers offer complete parts and are very reasonable. As far as I see and if you're looking for an american made and precision, this might not be for you. But if your looking for something on the go that you can throw anytime in the back of your vehicle like I do, that's why I bought one. I also asked them if they have plans to come up with a rifle with the same design with an upgraded parts such as wooden stocks and metal receivers, they said they currently have a model with a wooden stock called Sporter but as of now, the rest of the parts remains including the trigger assembly.

1712331041788.png

I just spoke to Winchester about the Wildcat. For an on-the-go purpose, he recommended this rifle because it will fire almost any ammos even the inexpensive ones including lead. So you'll never even need to worry about any barrel wear. The rest of the common parts that might wear in the future are some of these but all in all, they have and some other dealers offer complete parts and are very reasonable. As far as I see and if you're looking for an american made and precision, this might not be for you. But if your looking for something on the go that you can throw anytime in the back of your vehicle like I do, that's why I bought one. I also asked them if they have plans to come up with a rifle with the same design with an upgraded parts such as wooden stocks and metal receivers, they said they currently have a model with a wooden stock called Sporter but as of now, the rest of the parts remains including the trigger assembly.

View attachment 1857426
I would contact the manufacturer, not Winchester. They may have other stocks for it.

Here's their link:

Yes I will contact them.
I took it to the range this morning. I have 8 BX-25 magazines loaded 23 each. So in the total of 184 rounds, I had 1 stove pipe and 1 jam using federal automatch. I am using the stock iron (or plastic) sight and I made an adjustment that I can get around 1.5 inch round the 22 yard target. I will probably make another adjustment later after on while I had it semi locktite for now waiting to dry. But that's close enough for my home defense purpose backup or on the go. This is light enough and easy hide and quickly access if needed.
What a surprise today on the mail. Winchester sent me $25.00 check as cash rebate for buying this. :s0090:

View attachment 1857426
You asked the people who stand to make money, on a likely recorded phone call, if their product is one they'd recommend... I could have saved you the phone call and said yes, they'll recommend it...

Damn, I just watched a review, and the guy shot the Wildcat with a 10-22, because the Wildcat had a critical failure, the rear sight fell off the Wildcat because of the substandard allen wrench screw.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pEJjFW5VDU

Other than that, it looks like a sweet little rifle.

Being a machinist, I would probably just fix the problem myself.
Was thinking about this review when I saw this thread title

Damn, I just watched a review, and the guy shot the Wildcat with a 10-22, because the Wildcat had a critical failure, the rear sight fell off the Wildcat because of the substandard allen wrench screw.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pEJjFW5VDU

Other than that, it looks like a sweet little rifle.

Being a machinist, I would probably just fix the problem myself.
You work on CNC?

You work on CNC?
I trained back in the early 1980s, and the CNC machine they had at the shop actually used computer punch cards, LOL. I helped a friend make a parabolic dish using that machine. It was a major headache to program, and you should have seen the stack of cards just to cut a parabolic dish. I believe he was making the dish for a telescope.

I'm retired now, so I don't work with any industrial equipment anymore.

Fun job! Ive tried using a machine called "Bandit" its like punching card but the keys are in the machine itself and I have to write it the program (older school) incremental. If I fumble on the steps, there is not erasing and correcting. I have to write the whole procedure again which takes time.

In the 90's I use to work alot in the shop. Before the company went AS9100, I meet different people everyday. There is a gas go-kart circuit close by and I did lots of parts for them. The whole company use to ride Go-Karts after work. We didn't want to charge them anything so they just give us a free run time. I've done lots of car racing parts. I just did it for fun I really miss those days. I still machine from time to time if I really have to. But most of my job now is designing. There are lots of advancements in the programming side and modern high speed tools for dynamic cutting.
Let's just say you want to surface a 10 x 10" heat treated CRS (cold rolled steel). Instead of using a 2 inch inserted fly cutter then sweep it back and forth to touch down, On a high speed machine spindle Machine you can use a 5 flute 1/4 flat EM and spin it like 5500 rpm 140 feed and you can cut it at full depth even .650 take off a respective amount lest say .022. You'll be rough surfacing that part in almost half of the time doing it on tradition way.
Then you finish it off with a 2 inch EM .005 per pass.
There's alot if new techniques now and at the same time, the jobs are getting more complicated especially if it requires alot of 3D surface milling. There are probably 6 different style on Mastercam 3D surfacing. The bad news is, not everyone use these formulas everyday so you tend to forget. But its still fun!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top