JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions

I never heard of this variation before, but I did some checking and it seems okay, and the price is the best I could find for that ammo.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
That's a new one by me as well. .48/rd is pretty attractive for a +P defensive round.... Hmm. Winchester though?? 🤣

Going with a case to test it is kinda steep. Any info in particular that stood out during your google-fu session?

Edit: Seems to be a credible performance review. I'll take a pass, but judge for yourselves if it fits your needs.

Last Edited:
Looks like a silver hued Winchester PDX with a red butt plug….

For me personally, I'll stick with Federal Law Enforcement HST's. They feed and cycle reliably, are more than accurate enough and have a proven track record…

Going with a case to test it is kinda steep. Any info in particular that stood out during your google-fu session?
Does not penetrate as deep as the bonded SXT based bullets - e.g., 10" vs. 12", and 12" vs 14" - I think it is opening faster than the bonded - which is not surprising as the latter is meant for barrier penetration. I saw one gel test with a barrier, where 9mm & .45 worked fine, but the .40 never expanded (assumed as it went straight thru two 16" blocks with a small trail and the bullet never recovered).

Most retailers are asking $1+ for this ammo.

Apparently this bullet was announced in 2016 and pushed to market about 4 years ago?

I have both HST & Win bonded SXT white box, and those are my go to for .40 S&W. For 9mm I am going with HST +P 124gr unless I find some Gold Dot +P or Win SXT bonded +P 124gr on sale.

I have about 14K rounds of defensive pistol ammo between 9mm, 40 & 45, and my checking account is hurting from buying mags and Xmas presents - so I am not jumping on deals like this when normally I would. Otherwise I would have ordered some as I think at less than 50CPR it is probably good ammo.

Does not penetrate as deep as the bonded SXT based bullets - e.g., 10" vs. 12", and 12" vs 14" - I think it is opening faster than the bonded - which is not surprising as the latter is meant for barrier penetration. I saw one gel test with a barrier, where 9mm & .45 worked fine, but the .40 never expanded (assumed as it went straight thru two 16" blocks with a small trail and the bullet never recovered).

Most retailers are asking $1+ for this ammo.

Apparently this bullet was announced in 2016 and pushed to market about 4 years ago?

I have both HST & Win bonded SXT white box, and those are my go to for .40 S&W. For 9mm I am going with HST +P 124gr unless I find some Gold Dot +P or Win SXT bonded +P 124gr on sale.

I have about 14K rounds of defensive pistol ammo between 9mm, 40 & 45, and my checking account is hurting from buying mags and Xmas presents - so I am not jumping on deals like this when normally I would. Otherwise I would have ordered some as I think at less than 50CPR it is probably good ammo.
I didn't dive deep enough to see when it came out. That ballistic vid says "1 year ago" and in it he mentioned it hit the commercial market about 18months prior so.. 2.5-3yrs ago at least.

It seems to be pretty decent, and the price is certainly a deal and a half. Just me personally... I buy more on performance than price. For +P the velocity is a bit on the low side, uneven expansion (not a "real" biggy) and less penetration than I prefer. That doesn't mean it's not perfectly suitable.

For someone that's doesn't have much SD ammo and reluctant to spend the bigger bucks stocking SD ammo very deep... I would certainly recommend picking up a few piles.

That's why I didn't comment much on the brief research I did. Looks pretty good and I'm not knocking it at all, just me, I'm willing to pay more per round to fit the performance benchmark I set for my SD ammo.

I think it is better than the Silvertip and the generic JHP ammo out there, so I think this is good deal if someone wanted a case or more of it in 9mm +P 124gr

If SHTF we (me and my "kids" {a married couple}) would be packing our PS90s and Five Sevens most of the time, then if attacked fall back to cover and use 7.62x39 and/or 5.56 with SIG 226s in .40 S&W as backup. If/when run out of .40, then fall back to 9mm, and if that runs out, then fall back to .45 ACP - I have three SIGs in each caliber for the three of us. For practice I have .22 conversions (for which I have 25K rounds of bulk "plinking" ammo, plus about 6K of hunting ammo) for the P226s and I have some ball ammo.

Plan to use pistols only to get to rifles and cover, or if rifles jam or run out of ammo. I.E., not as primary. So I don't anticipate heavy use of pistol ammo, instead relying on rifles as primary. I am more prone towards getting more rifle ammo than pistol ammo as if I need it for SHTF, that will be when/where a lot of ammo might be expended - if we are not overrun.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top