Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester SXP

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by amcardon, Oct 5, 2010.

1. amcardon

amcardon Mustang, OK Member

I've read a lot of reviews (well, as many as I could find) on the new Winchester SXP and was wondering if anybody out there has any experience with them? I'm in Portland and when I called around to different shops they didn't know what I was talking about... I would like to check one out but don't want to have to buy one to find out if I want one! Debating between an SXP or an 870 but would really like to check out or hear more about the SXP; why does it seem to be so elusive?

2. amcardon

Nobody has one of these yet?

3. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Apparently not, that being said. I would go for the 870, known track record for reliability and plenty of parts (replacement and aftermarket) should you need them.

4. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

if you're going pump then go with the 870.

5. amcardon

Couldn't find anybody local with an SXP so I went with an 870... Still interested in the SXP so if anybody does pick one up please let me know/do a review!

6. tac0

tac0 Vancouver, Washington New Member

you tube "winchester sxp" winchester has a video for it.

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I have shot sx3, which is semi auto version. I like the balance and feel of the gun (skinny grip is very comfortable and light weight).

but I wouldn't buy pump over semi auto on this version.