JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up a brand new Winchester SXP and fired it the other evening. Out of the twenty or so shells of assorted Federal and Estate target loads it failed to eject all but 4 shells. I'm going to contact Winchester this week, but I would like to know there is a fix or is this a recurring problem in all Super X Pumps or 1300's or 1200's?

So I picked up a brand new Winchester SXP and fired it the other evening. Out of the twenty or so shells of assorted Federal and Estate target loads it failed to eject all but 4 shells. I'm going to contact Winchester this week, but I would like to know there is a fix or is this a recurring problem in all Super X Pumps or 1300's or 1200's?

Sounds like you might have gotten a lemon. I understand they have great customer service and warrenty. A friend of mine picked one up a while back and it is flawless. plenty of different types of shells and it was great on them all. I was really impressed with it.

Ive been shooting 3" Black Clouds recently and my gun will jam randomly throughout the day. so bad that I have to slam the butt of the gun on the ground to eject them and sometimes it will not load all of the way and lock. did you have the same problem and if so, where did you find out that you needed to just bend the ejector?

I didn't have any jamming problems or lock up problems, but then again I only shot target loads, buckshot, and slug all were 2 3/4" shot shells. If you are having jamming problems I would examine the barrel to reciever lock up and the breech for any burs or defects. The other cause could be that the ammo just doesn't agree with the SXP, it can happen. The other cause could be that the breech of the barrel was impropperly machined internally. I would also try running some 2 3/4" shells and other 3" shells to see if the problems continues, if it does and the Shotgun is still under waranty I'd contact Winchester. As far as tweaking the ejector, it was all a matter of examination and determining which points to manipulate, but I doupt the ejector is your problem. The other problem could also be that you purchased a bad batch of ammo, but I also doupt that.

I have since sold my SXP and purchased a Mossberg M590A1 shotgun with an 18" barrel and 5+1 capacity, I also purchased a 26" Mossberg 835 Multimag barrel for it off of eBay, and I have been much happier with it than I was with my SXP. I would reconmend that you get Winchester to fix or replace your SXP and then sell it after you get it back and do as I did. The Mossbergs are better and the parts market and accessories market is much larger than the SXP.

I hope this helps.

I just got an SXP Black Shadow. First time I shot it the bolt locked into the barrel after the 3rd shot. I had to take it apart to unlock it. Tried again, this time loading one at a time, and it locked up on the 2nd. Sending it to them tomorrow so they can check it out, fingers crossed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top