JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking at Winchester safes, both the Ranger 45 or Silverado 37. the Silverado is smaller, but has longer fire, but otherwise a similar price. Does any one have any positive or negative experience with these safes? Fire safety is 1400 degrees for 1 hour with the ranger and 90 minutes with the Silverado. Open to other suggestions, but can't really afford the Fort Knox safes which seem to be the best.

Thanks -Chris

I own the smallest one they make, the deputy. I really like it, it works great for me and was priced right. The one that I can compare it to is a Sentry 10 gun safe. The winchester is built better imho.

I have several friends that own the 37 and 45. They have nothing but good things to say about them. There is a local sporting goods store here in La Grande OR that has good prices on them. I have no experience with the fire protection and pray that It never gets used.

Nate

Winchester safes are covered by fire/vandilism. Copy of police dept=new safe from them. Also fire rating is a good thing. Long enough for the fire dept to get there(unless you live in the boonies). A family member ownes one and like it for the price point. Also costco carries them

I have one of the Costco version, not sure what model it is.

It's the only safe I've ever owned. I was a little nervouse about the keypad reliability at first, but after doing a little research I'm comfortable with it.

After a couple years I have no complaints. Seems to be a pretty solid safe (for the money), stays dry inside (wet climate), has adequate capacity, and the locking bolts are substancial and cover all four sides of the door.

I've seen videos of guys breaking into safes with 6 ft pry bars. I'm sure you could get in with the right tools and enough effort. That said, I think that as long as you bolt it securely to the floor it's going to do what it's supposed to and keep the bad guys from getting your guns and valuables.

It was the best thing I could find for what I paid for mine. I was thinking about buying another one.

No matter what safe you decide to get, bolt it down. If not, it's just another heavy locker.

I heard good things about safe from Costco also, Cannon brand. Well priced too, when they are on sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top