JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone tell me where I could buy Winchester Ranger 9mm 127gr +p+?
At one time I had 10 to 12 boxes that I used exclusively in my carry guns. I would shoot my carry ammo every 6 months then replace whatever I fired. Now I'm down to my last box and would like to buy more but cannot find it either locally or online.

I'm not a fan of the 9mm for defense but I've found the relatively new Liberty Ammunition to be very good in a number of other calibers. They have a Nickel Plated Copper Bullet that weights 50grs. that is pushed to 2,000fps! Very light Recoil and Great reduction in overall weight, especially if you are using the High Cap Magazines.

I'm not a fan of the 9mm for defense but I've found the relatively new Liberty Ammunition to be very good in a number of other calibers. They have a Nickel Plated Copper Bullet that weights 50grs. that is pushed to 2,000fps! Very light Recoil and Great reduction in overall weight, especially if you are using the High Cap Magazines.
Not to turn this into a caliber debate, but is there some reason why you feel a 9mm is inadequate for self defense?

Not to turn this into a caliber debate, but is there some reason why you feel a 9mm is inadequate for self defense?
Yes, a few years back I had to dispatch an injured dog. I was Carrying a Smith and Wesson Model 39-2 with Winchester Silver-Tips. It took Three shots, in the head, before the dog stopped moving. This was a Lab mix that weighed 75-80lbs. I was disappointed because all three shots were fired from less than 6 feet and all hit the head. As a LEO, I've also seen a number of cases where the 9mm failed to provide a first round stop.

And, I've Dispatched a good number(30+) of animals over the years and I have yet to have a single failure when using either of the two other of my common Carry calibers - .357 Magnum or .45ACP.

Last Edited:
I must be getting old. I had 10 boxes a year ago and must have traded them off in the last year.
The only Ranger ammo I found is one box of 147 grain T-Series.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top