JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just wanted to vent about how I hate Winchester primers. Been loading up a bunch of .40 this weekend and while using Win and CCI primers I noticed something that pisses me off. The Win primers catch on the edge or are needed to be forcefully pushed into the pocket where the CCI's go right in. This happens on my hand primer as well as the press. All the brass is once fired and the only explanation is that CCI's are better. :mad:

I've used Winchester primers for a long time, especially rifle primers, without any problems. Just loaded up a batch of 400+ rounds with zero issues. Shot over 200 of the them a while back and they all went "bang" just like they were supposed to.

Never heard anyone complain about a tight primer.

I've also used Remington and CCI a fair amount.

The only time I've had ignition problems was with CCI.

To each his own, I guess.

Win primers are not my fav, but I never had that problem with them. During the shortage(s) I had to buy what I could get and ended up with several thousand Win small and large pistol primers and a couple of thousand CCI. The only problems with those batches so far is 4 or 5 failure to fire CCIs. No stryphnate in them. This is not a new problem with CCIs, though I have seen it in all brands of primers I have used, but CCI and Tul are the worst for it as far as I can tell.

I use CCI for LP, S&B for SP, and Winchester for LR.

WLR produces the smallest groups for the loads I use in my gun :)

They all seat just fine (unless it's S&B 9mm brass, nothing seats 'just fine' in those).

My first choice is CCI but I have used a lot of Winchester when primers were hard to find. I've used them interchangeably with no problem. As long as I can find either brand I haven't ventured out to the others. I got a deal on a bunch of CCI so the Winchesters are stashed in the pantry for the next shortage.

When I first started reloading I had problems CCI primers, so I used Winchester. Never had any problems with them. Now I use both. What every the problem I had with CCI they took care of. Both are good primers.

I use or have tried just about every primer out there....The only issue I ever had was a batch of Wolf SPP that had unreliable ignition. If I've had any issue with primer insertion, it was an issue with the particular brass I was using (S&B seem harder to prime than others for me), not the primer.

I use or have tried just about every primer out there....The only issue I ever had was a batch of Wolf SPP that had unreliable ignition. If I've had any issue with primer insertion, it was an issue with the particular brass I was using (S&B seem harder to prime than others for me), not the primer.

I have way more 9mm brass than any other so I sort OUT the S&B brass. I haven't had any issues with Tula primers. I did buy some Remington SPP and they're quite soft compared to Tula and CCI.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top