Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester New Un-primed brass

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Crohnos01, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Crohnos01

Crohnos01 Washington Active Member

Ok, maybe I am being picky, but when you drop $50 on a 100 count bag of un-primed brass from Winchester, would you expect to see this? For the record; it now lives in the metal scrap barrel.... Never even got to fire it once!....man I just can't catch a break! :mad:

Just goes to show you that brass inspection isn't limited to used cases I guess.....o_O

0326161252.jpg 0326161252 (2).jpg

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Show them that picture and maybe they'll send you some brass or a hat or somethin.

orygun, Dyjital and Velzey like this.
  3. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I purchased a bag of .270 Win brass last month and it had 4 of those out of 100. I contacted Winchester and they sent me another bag for free!

orygun, Caveman Jim and Certaindeaf like this.
  4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

They would rather eat some $$ and make a customer happy than have these threads pop up and have no customer service.

5. Crohnos01

I attempted to send them a notice that I had a problem , but I'm not sure it went through.... Maybe I will just call them on Monday.

6. Hdshot

Hdshot Grants Pass Oregon Member

Call them, they will take care of ya.

7. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Probably they could ship perfect brass, but it would all cost what Lapua brass costs. Their model works by taking the odd unhappy customer and making him happy again.

I was fooling around with some Speer hot-core .358 250gr bullets and noticed I got some jacket-core separation when shooting into water jugs. Well hot-core is not bonded after all, although they kinda made it sound bonded in their old descriptions of that bullet. I contacted Speer and they just sent me some more.

When buying bulk brass just assume you are going to throw out one or two...

Dyjital likes this.
  8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I expect if I buy new brass or bullets that I get at least as many usable items as I purchased. In the old days you would get an extra bullet or two, but not anymore.
    If I get 101 and have one that needs to be tossed, cool. If I get 100 and one in't good, I'd let them know.
    It's not a huge deal, more it's the principal.

Caveman Jim, Dyjital and Hdshot like this.
  9. Crohnos01

As a follow-up to the defective case; I contacted Olin via their website and described my problem (they give you a whopping 255 characters to do so). Much to my surprise they called me, asked if I still had the case and the bag it came in (I did), and then sent me a prepaid UPS label to return both items to them with a promise that they would send me a coupon for a free bag of brass . I thought I would get a sorry and a discount coupon maybe. I am encouraged they are checking out the lot information in more detail.

Dyjital and orygun like this.
  10. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A little "hussle" from you and a free bag of brass in return?
    Nice!:D

Dyjital likes this.
  11. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Oh god, yea, winchester bulk brass is terrible. you're better off setting your money on fire than buying that stuff. From what I've seen over the years, WBB is all the stuff that failed the normal QC process, that's set aside and sold to reloaders at a premium so they can finish doing the QC on it.

Generally, without going through one of the big wholesalers the best deal on good quality brass is usually PRVI ammunition. their ammo is decent and their brass is great quality.