JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this 1918 Winchester model 97 12 gauge shotgun the other day off of Craigslist.
It is in pretty good condition, except that under the barrel it has what appears to be a groove rubbed into it.
I have always wanted a WW2 Trench Gun, and this one seems like a good candidate for cutting down the barrel to 20 1/2".
The cut mark is right around 19" from the breech, and should be covered up by the bayonet clamp.
Has anyone had any experience retrofitting an aftermarket heat shield to stock tapered barrels.
I have read up on how to file the three grooves for the mounting screws, and mostly want advice on which parts look and work the best.
Thanks in advance.

Easy, I type "Winchester" in the CL search bar and I scroll down the listings.
Winchester makes a lot of different products and every once in a while I find what I'm looking for.
Two years ago, I responded to an ad listing three words "Winchesters for sale".
It was 6:40 am on a Friday morning.
A guy needed $1200.00 bucks for his work van transmission repair bill that morning, and he wanted to sell all of the vintage Winchesters he had inherited.
Drove over to his house with the cash and I came home that morning with eight beautiful pre 64 vintage rifles and shotguns.

The anti gun Nazi's are always looking to flag firearm related ads.
Most are hooked up to "RSS" feeds and they will be notified immediately when your ad containing certain keywords pops up on their screen.
Try placing an ad that has no firearm related words, like " Vintage Cowboy Items Wanted", then wait a couple of days, go back and revise the ad to include what your looking for.

Easy, I type "Winchester" in the CL search bar and I scroll down the listings.
Winchester makes a lot of different products and every once in a while I find what I'm looking for.
Two years ago, I responded to an ad listing three words "Winchesters for sale".
It was 6:40 am on a Friday morning.
A guy needed $1200.00 bucks for his work van transmission repair bill that morning, and he wanted to sell all of the vintage Winchesters he had inherited.
Drove over to his house with the cash and I came home that morning with eight beautiful pre 64 vintage rifles and shotguns.

Now I know who has been beating to all the Winchester on Craigslist. Guess I will have to get up earlyer or stay up later to beat you to the punch.:s0155:

I finally got the Winchester Model 97 trench gun put together.
Fun project, just cost more then I expected.
Original bayonet and sling from WW1. The heat shield is a true WW1 period reproduction from East Taylor LLC.
My 97 is a 1918 take down model and all WW1 models were fixed receivers in that war, so it's not a true replica, but it functions perfectly. I also installed a special custom made magazine follower that allows you to load up to 6 shells.
When this shotgun was made, 12 gauge shells measured 2 1/2" and now all you can find on the shelves is 2 3/4".

win pump 12 001.jpg

win pump 12 002.jpg

win pump 12 004.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR