JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
A friend of mine wants to sell his rifle. Since he has no internet skills, he has asked me to list it for him. The rifle is in my possession, so there won't be any issues there.

This is a Winchester Model 92 lever action rifle. The receiver dates from 1921 I believe. It was originally chambered in .32 W.C.F., but the original octagonal barrel was bored out, re-rifled, and re-chambered to .357 Magnum sometime during the 50's or 60's. The original markings are all still on the barrel, but the opposite side is stamped 357 (as opposed to an overstamp of the original caliber). The receiver shows its age. It has wear and freckling on both sides. The stocks are worn and have normal dents from that age, but have good finish and have no cracks.

This would be a great cowboy action gun. It runs smooth and properly feeds both .38 special and .357 Magnum loads. The only issue it has with .38 special is getting some of the lighter loads to feed into the loading gate, as they are too short and you have to use the tip of your finger to get them all the way in. Larger grain .38 special and .357 Magnum loads do not have this issue.

View attachment 205599

He is asking $925 or best offer. He isn't totally closed off to trades, but he's pretty old school, so most modern stuff doesn't interest him and he said it would have to be a very good deal to get him interested. He trusts me to handle this, so you can contact me with questions. The rifle will be in my possession until sold.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.