JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Chehalis
State
Washington
Years ago my Dad and his friend went hunting. Once they got to the little town in Wyoming they made a stop at the store only to return to the truck to find everything had been stolen. Rifles, cameras, coolers. He was so sickened that he never did much hunting after that. The rifle never surfaced again, he has since passed away. His name and address was engraved . There was a 2x7 Leopold scope, glass bedded stock. If anyone has or knows where to get it. I want to buy it. I am willing to travel

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
There is a thread on another gun forum where folks are posting if they have initials on their firearms. Might me worth a try to check it out and post your story there. Long shot, but you never know...

Have heart. 5 years ago a Winchester High Wall turned up that was stolen from my friend's Grandfather's home in 1969. My friend was able to identify it, having seen it regularly when he was a young man. We are talking 46 years from the theft. My friend (the grandson, no longer a young man) has Grandfather's gun. He is a collector of fine Western antique firearms. This gun might now be valued above all his others with no consideration toward money.

Are there any pictures of the gun, or any record of it's serial number? Is there a family member that can describe the gun intimately or recognize the gun immediately?

Those are your desired tools at this point. Even if you can obtain pieces of any of those, you might be able to build on it. Never say 'Never".

Yes to all the above. This was his beloved gun that had stories to tell. He shot a moose in Wyoming at just under a 1000 yards in Wyoming. His first shot fell short landing in the middle of lake. Second shot he elevated his gun to where he could just see the hair at the top of the hump of the moose in his scope he than squeezed the trigger . The guide said " nice shot". The moose went down and stood right back up. They headed around the lake toward the shot to find the moose. While quartering out found the boat tailed nozler bullet in his lungs which he said only had the lines from the rifling. He said he could of reloaded it again. When they got back to the cabin the guide did the distance on the map saying it was just under a thousand yards. The lake had no name yet . The guide at that point had the lake named Gordon lake because of that memorable shot. He was one heck of a shot

Have heart. 5 years ago a Winchester High Wall turned up that was stolen from my friend's Grandfather's home in 1969. My friend was able to identify it, having seen it regularly when he was a young man. We are talking 46 years from the theft. My friend (the grandson, no longer a young man) has Grandfather's gun. He is a collector of fine Western antique firearms. This gun might now be valued above all his others with no consideration toward money.
This has givin hope, thanks for the share

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.