JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2000
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Update: Seller is @buffhntr
Please contact him.

Winchester Model 70
458 Win Mag
Light use
Minor marks on stock from safari
Original rifle box
Trijicon fiber optic RMR
Original RMR box
Pelican travel case
19 fully loaded cartridges
29 spent brass
50 new in box Hornaday brass
70 swift A frame 500grain softs
20 Woodleigh weld core 500 grain solids
3-piece steel RCBS reloading die set

Package deal. Will not sell part separately. No trades. FFL fees on buyer, transfer in Vancouver.

$2000.00, Buffalo not included.

Selling for a friend. Righteous Dude, buy with confidence. Will forward interest to him, so please include your phone number in PMs.
I will leave good feedback for the buyer.

I have personally shot this rifle. It is ridiculously accurate with the RMR and is exhilarating to say the least.

014F9889-6B22-487C-8408-E36FEBAC1147.jpeg 23228262-27A8-4DCC-9A62-15A7C5E8E443.jpeg 682BF73C-BFD3-4B8C-8432-390F954472B8.jpeg 3EC354F8-68BD-4FC9-8BAC-7599258CCD71.jpeg A62C015A-118D-47E8-B6D7-2B010100B96C.jpeg A2DF4720-9FBC-4ABA-A4B9-2E98736748ED.jpeg FBDD91C0-16DC-439B-B8A8-44A72EF4218E.jpeg B2DB244A-4B7C-40E6-A4A4-5D89FBB911D9.jpeg AD9ACF86-1746-49CA-AC87-ED251EFF91F4.jpeg B28A3504-8142-43B7-88EF-77579389FCCD.jpeg 1E89A00F-6E45-40D5-8F10-5CD6A9B3DB77.jpeg E728BD9C-03D2-4C85-9389-E8616BE4B7CA.jpeg EFB79BAA-306A-42A6-A244-980535D1B91F.jpeg DA04BFDA-2EFF-4F3F-B863-B09A3F7EFDAF.jpeg 5D701948-D8B4-4B01-B06C-66E773F11129.jpeg 3D096449-AA87-4FE7-9856-A409084FC808.jpeg 20F24588-593E-4B21-A41D-9806005E7CCC.jpeg 66E8A94D-AC0F-41B6-8D2A-DFFD637C0FFD.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
He didn't share the meat with me, so I'm not buying!

Just kidding, good luck with the sale. That's a good price especially considering the cost of the ammo and brass.

From Seller:

Hello sasquatch83

I've got a guy interested in Indiana through the AfricaHuntingwebsite. That means I have to hassle with shipping etc. I see you are in the 'couv and I'd drop the price $50 to not hassle with shipping. Name your FFL and I'll meet you there.

Hunt was in Zimbabwe's Zambezi valley with Charlton McCallum Safaris. PH was Alan Shearing and hunt camp was out of Matombo, perched above the Zambezi. This was my second safari with them and I can't say enough good things about these folks.

Hunt was in June, which is winter over there. It was day two of the hunt. In the morning, we worked the sand flats next to the river and found a HUGE herd. They just kept streaming by us. Full on national geographic moment. Hundreds of animals. No shots however; we actually got pinned down because there were too many animals. By midmorning, we were concerned the wind would shift and we would blow the herd out. So, we slicked up and over a hill quiet as a mouse and worked our way north and then hard back west to the Land Cruiser. The trackers thought the buffalo would work east up the ravines away from the riverin the afternoon. So, back to camp for lunch and snooze.

Mid-afternoon, we drove back to the spot and headed east up a finger of a steep ridge. BTW- it was an elephant trail. They are as wide as a dirt bike track and elephant scat is the size of a one gallon can of paint! As we ascended, the ridge started to flatten out a bit. There was a large ravine to the left (north) and a parallel ridge. As we picked up elevation, it was clear the two ridges were converging. We got to a spot and saw a good-sized group of buffalo but the ravine was still too steep and full of brambles to make a stalk. So, up the elephant trail we hiked.

As we continued, the ridges began to converge; maybe 150yard from ridge to ridge. The ravine had shallowed. Scanning left to the ridge on our North, the game scouts started pointing into a cluster of low trees/bushs on the other ridge. We could see a fewblack bodies but could not make out horns. After the prerequisite scanning with binoculars and cautions repositioning for a better angle, Alan said "there's a good bull…maybe two." He points to two animals half stashed in the bushes. They are hanging out below the far ridge…about 100 yards away. I'm looking with my bino's and so is Alan. The scouts are head bobbing and straining to get a better look. Then Alan says, "yep. That's a nice bull. The other is a little small. His bosses are soft" Me…I can't tell. I see big black bodies in the bushes and an occasional glimpse of horns.

Then, like a moment out of a movie, out steps this big bad buffalo right in the flat. Wide open. Zero obstruction. Sun beaming right on him. My guess is just inside a 100 yards and he is slightly quartering towards me. Alan says "he's a nice bull. You can shoot him if you want to."

Are you kidding. Set the sticks, perch the gun, flick the safety off, RMR dot on shoulder BANG! 500grains of Swift A-frame WHACK on the right shoulder. The beast spins and start pogoing on 3 legs with his right front leg sticking out half cockeyed from a badly broken shoulder.

RACK another round and offhand a second 500grainer right up the keester. He is running slightly up hill and ducts behind some trees that obscures another shot. Some of the scouts run up the elephant trail to get a bead on him. Lots of excited pointing. Alan grabs the sticks and we haul buns up to the scouts. They are pointing to a large cluster of rocks on the far ridge that are surrounded by scrubby trees. The bull is standing in the shadows and presentation for a shot is dodgy. I decide to wait. He steps forward and disappears in the shadows. One of the scouts was way down the trail. He comes trotting up to us and mumbles something Alan, which Alan translates into "…he saw him lie down."

Happy, we sit and wait, hoping for a death bellow. The scouts are toothy grins and their animated gesticulations reveal they are reliving the tripoded buffalo hopping away. "That was a good shot" says Alan. "Yeah, I broke his shoulder" I reply. "I meant the second one. Anything to slow 'em down." I study his face and realize this from a man who almost lost his life in a buffalo attack. We sit and enjoy a bottle of water.

But it's getting late. The shadows are growing as the sun falls in the west. And this is Africa; dusk belongs to the lions. Alan says, "Ok, let's go." I've done a few crazy things in my life, but I will never forget the feeling of intentionally starting forward to find a wounded Cape Buffalo.

We pick our way down the face of the ridge, on to the flat, one step across the craggy doodles of the dry creek bed and start up the other side…slowly. With each uphill step, more of the ridge comes into view. Step up. Scan. Step up Scan more. Alan is to my right. I look back and the scouting party is following us some distance back. Step up and…40 yards a freaking Cape Buffalo is staring down his nose at us! Gun up like pulling a bead on a flushed quail while Alan is screaming "Don't Shoot The Small One" Somehow, my pea brain comprehends what Alan is screaming but my instinct to blast one right up this critters snout. He doesn't freaking look small!

The bull spins and runs off. "That was his buddy. He is smaller than the one you shot. Soft bosses." Alan explains. It's still not sinking in. Too surreal. Two more steps up and bingo, there is the bull. Lying down but head up. We shoot him a few more times and he expires. So, we shoot him again, because the dead ones get up.

Now the sun is setting. Alan motions northward and says, "there's a road up there." He gets on the radio and calls the driver to bring the Land Cruiser up. The scouting party is mumbling and gesticulating. This is a conference for sure. Alan translates…' yeah, I think its best if we leave him here tonight. We will get him in the morning.' I want to know about lions. I don't recall Alan's response but the message was clear, yep…it could happen. I tell all the guys to make a circle around the animal and pee everywhere. No idea if that actually works but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

We retrieved my buffalo the next morning first thing without incident. No hyenas or lions found the carcass. In closing, I will share I gave Alan good natured ribbing for the rest of the trip about "you can shoot him if you want to." The RMR is awesome and I believe made the difference on connecting an offhand shot on a running animal at over 100 yards. The gun handles better than a scoped rifle and the 458wm provides mega whomp. Hope you buy it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.