JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is a post-64 push-feed Model 70 that has been set up to be the centerpiece of an elk or Alaska trip.

The wood is a very trim and highly functional style, with flawless wood to metal fit, and strikingly figured black walnut. Rollover cheekpiece, Pachmayr "Competitor" vent recoil pad, Mike's swivel studs. High luster (what looks like epoxy) finish.

It is apparent that when this stock was fitted, all metal was reblued to deep luster polish by the same professional, barrel was shortened to 22" and Magna-Ported. Makes this lightweight thumper kick less than a .270.

Whoever paid for all this work wanted a slim, fast handling and easy-carrying business rifle. I believe the craftsman might be Kurt Mueller of Forest Grove, and I will confirm (or refute) this with him shortly. ***CONFIRMED!*** (see bump post below). (The stock design and finish work is identical to a .221 Fireball Sako he built for me.)

Gun shows minor hunting wear. This was no "fleece case queen" during its hunts, but was very well cared for. Someone else's dream gun can now be yours at a fraction of what it cost to put together.

Serious inquiries may enjoy exploration toward inclusion of Leupold rings or mounts in order to cinch a deal. The gun currently sports Weavers.

Asking $575.

P7080136.jpg
P7080137.jpg

Last Edited:
Bumping this gem to the top. Come see it, handle it, make me a fair cash offer, and you may be pleasantly surprised. I am not a magnum guy, took this in trade, and am a very motivated seller.

Great discovery today regarding this gun: As I suspected, and related in the post, this gun in fact did come out of Kurt Mueller's shop in Forest Grove. I stopped by there today to visit with Kurt, and he instantly recognized this gun as the product of his father's careful hand. Herb Mueller was among the very best riflesmiths in the Northwest, did everything "old school" and careful, and perfect. His work was regarded as equal to (or better than) than Linden, or Biesen (Jack O'Connor's favorites). Unfortunately, Herb Mueller passed away in 2002, so we will see no more of this level of craftsmanship. Kurt learned everything from his Dad, but is the first to admit he cannot equal Herb's skill.

Bumping again. One guy floated $500, and I advised him we had the very good start of a discussion, and recommended he see the gun first hand. He never replied, so I guess it was not a hard offer.

I thought I was pretty clear about being a motivated seller. Not sure what else I could have told you, other than a fair offer would be kindly received and considered. Glad you have made a decision, and are purchasing a gun for your son.

Regards.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.