JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold
Price Lowered, for the last time...now $700 (I will just put in in the safe or get it re-barreled to .458 WM below this number).

Winchester Model 70 Stainless Steel in .338 Win Mag. I have had 2 different people tell me 2 different things about the gun. First person thought this gun was some type of "lightweight stalker" type of Model 70. The second thought this was the early "extreme weather" version of the Model 70. I really have no idea....if you want more pictures or me to read off some mark on the gun, I will post it as needed. I got the gun in a trade back in 2011, and the next week my dream BAR in .338 WM became available, and I have never shot the gun. Gun comes with an older variable scope.

Changing the gun over the WTS/WTT..Looking for $725 (price lowered) or the trade/partial trades/trade+cash below...

So, what are my trade interests...they are pretty open not looking for the following:
--Ammunition
--Non Firearm stuff (except perhaps a great condition Benchmade Infidel).
--Hunting Rifles
--Shotguns (except a very specific Browning Citori with the english type straight stock and 26" barrels)
--Low end guns...I am running out of safe space.

What is on the top of my wish list:
--Guns for USPSA, IDPA and 3Gun competition
--Quality full size handguns (.45 or 9mm), AR-10s, maybe a special caliber AR-15
--Dillon Reloading Press (anyone wanting to move up from their 650 to the 1050 will move to the top of the line).
--QUALITY optics geared toward competition (Mark 5 3.6x18 also moves to the top of the list)
I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO ADD CASH FOR THE RIGHT TRADE...if your trade is below the value of this gun, you can toss in cash.

Thanks for looking...all I can do is say no. 20180311_194533753_iOS (2).jpg 20180311_194545890_iOS.jpg 20180311_194549560_iOS.jpg IMG_0666.JPG IMG_0665.JPG IMG_0664.JPG

Last Edited:
I have the exact same rifle. Smoothest action, actually light, and a low kick, beautiful shooter. -- especially considering the cartridge.
[edit to add] Mine was considered the "extreme weather" by the serial number, though it did not have the Mauser bolt.

I have the exact same rifle. Smoothest action, actually light, and a low kick, beautiful shooter. -- especially considering the cartridge.
[edit to add] Mine was considered the "extreme weather" by the serial number, though it did not have the Mauser bolt.
Thanks for the information...I guess maybe it is the early extreme weather, as that makes 2 votes for extreme weather vs 1 vote for lightweight stalker :) The current extreme weather seem to have a darker finish, so I was not sure if they changed that in the past few years.

Thanks for the information...I guess maybe it is the early extreme weather, as that makes 2 votes for extreme weather vs 1 vote for lightweight stalker :) The current extreme weather seem to have a darker finish, so I was not sure if they changed that in the past few years.
I've always wanted to call Winchester and get confirmation that it was in fact an Extreme Weather, but have not made the effort. Not important enough since I'm very happy with it.

I own a couple of these... it's a Model 70, (CRF) Control Round Feed, Classic Stainless (as noted on the right side of the barrel). Great guns, very smooth actions. My .338 came with the old BOSS system muzzle brake, my .270 is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

I own a couple of these... it's a Model 70, (CRF) Control Round Feed, Classic Stainless (as noted on the right side of the barrel). Great guns, very smooth actions. My .338 came with the old BOSS system muzzle brake, my .270 is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

Yes, this is right. It is a classic stainless model with the "tupperware" stock.. The 338wm had the 26" tube. Based on what i can see from the serial #, you have a 7 digit that was made somewhere between 2001-2006. The earlier 5 and 6 digit classic stainless rifles are pretty sought after. Good luck with your sale. By the way, this one has the good oldstyle trigger. Not the newer BACO MOA.

I believe it was called the Stainless Stalker. Does it have the pre 64 bolt face? That would be a selling point in my opinion. Great rifle. If I didn't already have a Browning in 338 I would jump on this.

I believe it was called the Stainless Stalker. Does it have the pre 64 bolt face? That would be a selling point in my opinion. Great rifle. If I didn't already have a Browning in 338 I would jump on this.

It's a winchester model 70, not a Browning. Hence, Winchester model 70 Classic Stainless.
j6Mnq9C.jpg

Last Edited:
Never said it was a Browning. I said I had a Browning. Brownings never had a Pre 64 bolt face. Which I also asked if it had.

You said you "believe it was called a stainless stalker". That particular model was a browning. There's no question as to what it is after a few posts confirming what it is. I've been keeping an eye on this rifle, as there may be someone over on another site that may be interested. For the right price.. These are great rifles. Good luck to the OP.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.