JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a stock. Long story, Dad pumped 7 rounds into possum head 30 years back point blank range, it crawled towards my mom, so he hit it with great grandpas 22 rifle that had been passed down through generations and broke the... wait for it... the stock. I would like to pass it down to my daughter, but need a stock. Any one with one for trade would be greatly appreciated. I have the old stock, but it looks beyond repair. Help! Any good stock builders out there? Not caring if it is stock or original, just looking for something to pass on to my kin from 2xgreat grandpa! Can send pics.

Definitely put some pics here, plenty of people here have done stock-work and there are a few gunsmiths here that can do wonders as well.

Will post pics tomorrow. Still have stock but split length wise. Any one have experience with gorilla glue an stocks? Not sure if it would hold.

eBay has some. The original 1906 rifle will fit, so if you want one that matches the forearm, I would include the earlier model 1906 in your search.

Model 62 was sold from 1932 to 1958
Model 1906 was sold 1906 to 1932

So I am confused is yours a model 62 or a model 1906?

There maybe differences in the placement of Tang screws between the 62 and the 06 if you look at photos of a 62 upper tag there is only one screw showing on an 06 there is the end of a screw that comes up from the bottom just behind the hammer slot.

I have used Gorilla glue on a hammer handle that is cross grained from the but to the head. Seems very solid and I can't tell any difference using it.

Resurrecting an old thread, did you repair or replace your stock? I seen a technique where a hole is drilled thru the stock across the crack and a wooden dowel is glued in.

Asking for my dad's old 62 that's in need of new wood. I found a place online that make repro buttstocks for about $70 but that's about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top