JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How can I find out how much this gun is worth ? I inherited this, and a Winchester model 94 chambered in .32 Winchester special.

Please forgive my ignorance I have never really had to look up anything like this. Thanks !

Model 55 ? that is the lever action with the take down barrel? I had one in 2020 good shape and sold it 15 years ago for $1500. Usually a good gun shop could give you a starting point on the value or search the gun auction sites.

Condition is everything. The information relayed by cookie was accurate for that time. Add about 15-20% appreciation since 15 years ago and depending on condition add or subtract some. This would be for a better than average condition gun.

If you inherited it, you should keep it. It will gain value even when other parts of life might not.

Model 55 ? that is the lever action with the take down barrel? I had one in 2020 good shape and sold it 15 years ago for $1500. Usually a good gun shop could give you a starting point on the value or search the gun auction sites.

It's actually a single action. Unlike any .22 I've seen

The Model 55 is a unique gun. It's an open-bolt single shot. I had one long ago, gave it to my sister. I think she still has it.

It has a hinged loading gate on top of the receiver. The bolt has an integral firing pin bump on it, and is cocked back before loading. Once the bolt is cocked you can insert a round down into the chamber through the loading gate. The safety is automatic, as I recall, so you take it off safe, pull the trigger, and the entire bolt flies forward to fire the round. It then automatically ejects the spent casing out the bottom of the stock, re-cocks the bolt, and resets the safety.

I don't think they're terribly valuable, unless in very nice condition. I saw one at a show recently, think they wanted a couple hundred for it, but I don't remember specifics. Very neat old gun!

The Model 55 is a unique gun. It's an open-bolt single shot. I had one long ago, gave it to my sister. I think she still has it.

It has a hinged loading gate on top of the receiver. The bolt has an integral firing pin bump on it, and is cocked back before loading. Once the bolt is cocked you can insert a round down into the chamber through the loading gate. The safety is automatic, as I recall, so you take it off safe, pull the trigger, and the entire bolt flies forward to fire the round. It then automatically ejects the spent casing out the bottom of the stock, re-cocks the bolt, and resets the safety.

I don't think they're terribly valuable, unless in very nice condition. I saw one at a show recently, think they wanted a couple hundred for it, but I don't remember specifics. Very neat old gun!

Exactly ! That's it. Well I may keep it then, we shall see. Better to see how fun it is first

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top