JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a rifle my grandfather gave me and a guy I knew took rifle and had it "drilled and tapped to have a scope put on and now it has no scope due to it being removed. I want to know how to put a good optic on it? HELP?!!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!

13.jpg

Model 54, huh? Very cool rifle.
The first place you need to start is with a set of bases. Either Leupold or Weaver style should be fairly easy to find. Then you need rings that will match your intended scopes tube diameter and are tall enough to allow the scope to clear the barrel and action.
Places like Fisherman's Marine and Sportsmans Warehouse, or a well stocked gun shop would be good places to start.

Found this advice on the Interweb.

If I'm understanding the Weaver website, your rifle would take a Weaver #46 front base and Weaver #48 rear base if D&T on top.
Weaver says a #1 side mount base fits the Win 54.
Bolt clearance problems can be solved with higher rings once the correct bases are found.

Correct on the sight bases, they also will take Mauser 98 fronts in both positions as long as the rear bolt stop hasn't been ground down below the front! The rear screw spacing looks wider then standard Winchester, so I would have ether the rifle in hand or at least the measurements before buying bases! Waren is down in Tigard (I think) and if you want Leupold, you can take it to them and they will set you up with one of their base set ups if you can't find them out in the world!:)

Those Mod 54s are seriously nice shooters, I have a pair of them, both .30/06 and they are very nice!

I picked up a mint J.C. Higgins model 51 .30-06 and Warne Scope Mounts in Tualatin fitted it out with a perfect fitting set of bases and rings. You might want to give them a call.

9500 SW Tualatin Rd, Tualatin, OR 9706
(503) 657-5590

upload_2018-9-16_10-5-19.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads