JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1295
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Jacksonville
State
Oregon
Winchester Model 1903 - An Exceptional Example

left-jpg.jpg

right-jpg.jpg

Serial: #1222XX

Caliber: .22 Winchester Auto

Designed for Winchester by T. E. Johnson in 1903. According to Winchester records, only 126,211 of the 1903 were produced, and was not offered in their catalogues after 1932. This example was produced, and left the factory, in 1934; part of the end of the 1903 line "parts cleanup" which occurred from 1933 - 1936. In 1934, only 126 model 1903's were produced; serial number range 122168 - 122294. The limited overall number produced makes the Model 1903 one of the scarcest rifles ever sold by Winchester.

I acquired this gun roughly 20 years ago from the original owner, who stated that he'd purchased it new. He added that it had "almost never been shot". I have never fired it but the action manually cycles as smooth as glass. It has a mirror bore, and retains nearly all of its original finish.

Condition; All original blue and wood finish. Zero alterations. Both the walnut stock and for-end have some nice figure. Screw head slots are crisp, and barrel roll stamp marks are crisp and well defined. Some very slight blue thinning at the muzzle, a couple of minor freckles in the blue and a few minor handling marks in the wood keep this example from being described as "like new".

frame-l-jpg.jpg

frame-r-jpg.jpg

butt-jpg.jpg

underside-frame-jpg.jpg

mag-cap-close-l-jpg.jpg

mag-cap-close-r-jpg.jpg

bbl-close-l-jpg.jpg

bbl-close-r-jpg.jpg

close-l-jpg.jpg

Includes one box of ammo.

The last Fjestad / Blue Book of Gun Values that I bought was the 30th edition which came out about 10 years ago. At that time the gun booked in 95% condition for $1325~.

$1295~ or best offer.

PS; Am looking for a couple of items in close to as new condition that I would consider as partial trade;

1) Uberti 1875 Remington (single action revolver)

2) Marlin 39a .22 lr lever. Older production; ca. 1950's late ballard or early micro-groove barrel.

3) Marlin 27-S in 32/20 (32 WCF)

4) Remington Model 25 in either 25 or 32 WCF

PS: Don't bother texting - I can't receive or reply to them. I repeat - Do Not Text!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.