JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really hoping for someone local to the SW Metro area... Has anyone been out to Rich's Gun Shop out in Donald (between Newberg and Aurora)? I know they used to be in Lake Oswego years ago.

Sounds like the firing pin didn't retract on the last shot fired before the malfunction. Probably has some worn parts after 120 years

Well, Winchester discontinued production of the 1897 model in 1957. So the gun could very well be a lot younger than that.

Still, the gun has been out of production for 61 years. If Charger is not the original owner, then who knows how many rounds may have gone through it.

Have you tried....Allison & Carey in Gresham,OR? (SE Stark and SE 174th Ave.) It's an impressive place.....you can see all the machines right there behind the counter.

The gunsmith/guy said, "Yeah, bring it over we'll take a look."

Anyway.....at least he knew what an 1897 was. And freely spoke about my projects and gun troubles with my 17mach2, along with the other things that I picked his brain with. They have been in business.......IIRC he said 60 years?"

Full disclosure, I've never used their gunsmithing service.....just like to stop in every now and again for small parts and miscellaneous stuff. The used parts, stocks, etc..... table is like shopping at a gun show. But of course....no beanie babies. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews