JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a Winchester model 1894 30 WCF looking for some info it has a steel curved butt plate nickel steel barrel round ser # 814903 length of barrel for the open bolt to end of barrel is 19 an 3/4 inches an no crowning on the end of barrel anyone got any info on it

That's what I found out too the length of the barrel is what concerns me I was told the barrel was cut down but this was my grandfather gun has been in my family for years an never heard of it being cut

Off day at Winchester / out of spec barrel..?
Barrel obstruction...?
Getting rid of a bad nick or "Oops" mark at the crown...?
"Fixing" wear from over / hard use of a cleaning rod...?
Hard to say for sure....a picture may be of some help here...
Andy

Sorry for the poor quality of pics 602253 602254 602255 602256 602257 602258

Winchester did at one time offer , through special order a "Short rifle "
That is a model 94 rifle with rifle style butt plate , sights , stocks and nose cap ...but with a 20 inch barrel...
Folks did like this configuration...but special order meant more money...so one can see rifles at times that were cut down to this length...
Andy

Any ideal what it be valued at
Value will vary depending on
Book value...
Internet value...
What they actual sell for value..
When and where you try to sell value...

If it is indeed a cut down rifle that will affect the value...just how much ...I do not know.
For me it would be priceless since its a family rifle....I wouldn't really worry 'bout and just shoot and hunt with the rifle...
Andy

I was gifted a 1892 Winchester 44/40 take down rifle years ago and the old man who owned it had stuffed a cotton ball in the end of the barrel and the stored it under his bed. The first inch of the bore was rusted and pitted.
Something like that might have happened to your rifle and someone's fix was to cut the end off the barrel.

The buttplate, no forend band, and no saddle ring makes it probably a rifle configuration with a special order or cut barrel. No way to really know as records for that era are non-existent and Winchester would provide any configuration you wanted for a price. If in good condition it's an interesting shooter and worth whatever someone would pay on a given day but not valued as collector piece. Certainly a little more than a post 64 carbine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top