JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2000
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
MULINO
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This classic is a Winchester Model 1873 repeating/lever action rifle 44-40. The rifle was manufactured in 1892. Buyer pays shipping(USPS) of $60 to an FFL or can pickup(Mulino Area) with a $10 OSP background fee. The buying price is $2000 firm and the owner of this rifle is not seeking any trades.

Winchester 44-40.jpg Winchester 14th.jpg Winchester 44-40 4th.jpg WInchester 44-40 5th.jpg Winchester 44-40 6th.jpg Winchester 44-40 7th.jpg Winchester 44-40 8th.jpg Winchester 44-40 9th.jpg Winchester 44-40 10th.jpg Winchester 44-40 11th.jpg Winchester 44-40 12th.jpg Winchester 44-40 13th.jpg Winchester 44-402nd.jpg Winchester 44-403rd.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Hi, It is hard to tell about the bore condition. I tried to take photos using light but it is still very dark. I am selling this for a friend. I asked him to answer Nibbs' question above. He said the bore has some rough spots but no major pitting. I hope that helps. Thank you.

Thanks..
Most have suffered once they get stuck in the closet.
Bu if it cleans up and has strong lands, then mor's the better..

Wish I hade the loot..

I tried to take photos using light but it is still very dark.
I am very interested this this rifle.

Can you open the action, place a folded piece of white paper in the opening of the action at the breech, place it toward NATURAL light and get a pic of the interior of the barrel from the muzzle please?

This should illuminate the bore very well and give good lighting for a pic!

Thanks!

Can you open the action, place a folded piece of white paper in the opening of the action at the breech, place it toward NATURAL light and get a pic of the interior of the barrel from the muzzle please?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Hi, I have been evacuated...Can you give me a couple of days?

Hi Sorry, I had a very busy week at my day job. I usually don't deal in used/older type firearms like this, but yes I believe you are correct. This would be considered an antique and no NICS test. I am trying to get that confirmed. Have a great day! Dave

Hi Sorry, I had a very busy week at my day job. I usually don't deal in used/older type firearms like this, but yes I believe you are correct. This would be considered an antique and no NICS test. I am trying to get that confirmed. Have a great day! Dave
Yes, pre 1899's are antiques.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.