JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
15746558985077909454688348322212.jpg 15746560677184705405851041868800.jpg

Thats a nice gun! I've been doing all the work myself but I am sure it would cost no less than that having it done by a smith. I got quite a couple hours into it and am not done yet.

I did shoot it yesterday for the first time and have to say AWESOME!

Maybe you gentlemen, here, can help me!
I have a heat shield that I believe is for an 1897, but I can't find any other pictures online that look similar to the one I have. Mine is one piece, the pictures I keep finding look like two separate pieces of steel welded together. Are those just repros? Is mine the repro?
Thanks for the help

Last Edited:
Actually, you're partially right. The hole description is what helped me find it in the searches. I don't know why I didn't think of that, but a ton of info came up when I searched that. One post says they were substituted for the soldered style from December 1941-Feb 1942. But it's still not a repro, it was just parkerized, and the screws are different, unfortunately. But still pretty damn solid, feels like a hammer.