JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have this rifle, acquired from a relative-in-law a number of years back, that seems to be in decent shape but won't fire consistently. A round is chambered and it feels like it's in battery, but doesn't act like it. Now, I'm kinda leery of trying to troubleshoot a firearm with live ammo chambered, so I gave it to a local smith to check out, he couldn't figure it out either. I don't know if the firing pin has been replaced, but I think that is a separate issue anyway. I don't have a lot of info to go on, and can't remember how the trigger acted (been a number of years since I messed with it). Just looking to see if anybody has any recommendations before I send it off to Winchester, which feels like a last resort.

Heard of the name but don't know him or his location. If he's interested in looking at it and he's not too far away, I would much rather do business with a local than send it in. His handle in red with the @ in front means he gets a notification?

A quick internet check shows a firing pin recall in 1990 causing it to fire out of battery. The recall is still active and a list of serial numbers can be found on the internet.

Nice looking rifle. If you need to get rid of it . . .

A quick internet check shows a firing pin recall in 1990 causing it to fire out of battery. The recall is still active and a list of serial numbers can be found on the internet.

Nice looking rifle. If you need to get rid of it . . .
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it, I actually have, I think, the opposite problem- can't get it to fire consistently. Maybe it is related, I don't know. But I will check the SN vs the recall. Not looking to get rid of it.

Estacada isn't that far. Heck, I used to make regular trips out that way to go skydiving. Wonder if this velzey survived the fires okay..

The model 100 is one of those that is tricky to break down all the way to do a good cleaning. A dirty as heck model 100 will act like what your describing.Their are your tube vids that show how to take it down. Give it a good cleaning. Deep cleaning. I bet she will come alive. I did a firing pin in one of these not long ago. The factory is still doing the replacement of pins. You call them with SN.If pin has not been changed they will give you an address tp send yours in. You get new pin in about two weeks. About three or four weeks later,a check for 30 bucks comes in mail.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top