Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Mod 70

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by giddyupgo55, Jan 17, 2011.

1. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Looking to buy a 300 Win mag for 475.oo. Gun was made in 72. What are the pro's and con,s of a Mod 70 made in this year? The gun shows signs of useage but well taken care of. I would say about 90 % with a great looking barrel. The only flaw is he etched his name on the inside of the trigger guard.

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This would be a push feed, not a controlled round feed, if that would matter to you.

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This version of the Mod 70 was starting to be made Post '64 in response to a lot of less expensive to produce push feed bolt guns coming out from Winchester's competitors. Nothing at all wrong with them. I had a Mod 70 push feed in .270 that was a fine rifle. It just wasn't as well made as the pre '64 controlled feed rifles, but it did the job fine for me.

4. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Well I bought the rifle. Hope to see how well it shoots in the near future. Thanks for the info.