JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Local shop has a Winchester m70 Coyote lite in 22-250 on consignment right now at $795. If I remember right it was topped with leupold rings and bases with a cheap leapers scope in them. Gun looks to be in great shape with not many rounds through it. I would like to be able to talk to the owner to see if he has an exact or estimate of the number down the tube. The shop owner mentioned the owner was a friend is would probably let it go as is for $750. I plan on asking him to talk to the owner to see if he would sell without scope for maybe $650-$700.

My father has been wanting to get a 22-250 for quite a while now and I'd like to do something nice for him for everything he has done for me. Online reviews look to be mostly positive. I personally fell in love with the look and feel of the gun and when I showed my father he seemed to like i as well.

I would love to get some opinions from someone who has one or shot one to see if I should persue the purchase and if i is a fair price.

That is one sweet caliber I can vouch for. Have a single shot Rossi and my buddy has a Stevens Bolt rifle in 22-250. You can pick up the Stevens for a mere $299 at Bi-mart and it works well is accurate and lightweight.

Of course the Winchester is a much higher end rifle and sure looks purdy when you are out in the rain and mud coyote hunting.

I think that's a lot of money for that gun.
22-250's can sit in a shop for a long time and $795 is pushing a new set up
The scope is worth 1/2 to 1/3 of a new price and the M70s are around the $500 mark I believe,or less for used. Maybe this one has titanium?

Cheapest price I have found new on a coyote lite after shipping/fee's/ect. was $960. I just really liked the idea of having a medium-heavy barreled rifle and still be under 8 pounds. The gun I was looking at actually sold today so no worries. There is one on gunbroker for $699 starting bid with leupold rings and bases. Don't like the idea of purchasing from gunbroker though. I have been looking at the Remington lineup as well. Their VTR is comparable to the coyote lite setup I'm looking at except the stock is not aluminum bedded like the Winchesters is from the factory. But at these prices I may as well spring and get him a kimber or something.

It's looking like I'm going to be looking at other guns since there are not many to choose from that are the 7.5lbs and have a medium-heavy barrel like those two. Anyone have suggestions as to alternatives more in the 5-700 range?

The Tikka Lite looks nice and fits the bill of what I'm looking to get my dad. I thought about building off a stevens 200 with custom barrel and stock, but that just brings the price back up to the 700+ range

Get the Tiki! I don't own one, but everyone I know that owns one shoots lights out. They are reasonably priced and will meet your weight requirements. If I was shopping for a varmint rifle like you are, I wouldn't consider any other brand other than maybe a Remington, but they are more expensive for a high quality model.

+1 for a Tikka. I have 7mm Tikka my best group yet was 3/4" at 200 yards but on average w/ handloads I'm getting 1/2" at 100 yards I know other people that have Tikkas as well and they are all tight grouping guns.