Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WINCHESTER M70 CLASSIC FEATHERWEIGHT .30-06: SOLD!!

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Spitpatch, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

This, according to a M70 collector is the last of the best. Winchester M70 Classic Featherweight in .30-06 Springfield. Near-new in every respect. Leupold VXII 3x-9x on Leupold STD rings and mounts, mounted correctly and with care. Butler soft-sling in Mossy Oak, and the Uncle Mike's detachable swivels.

Controlled-feed action, schnabel forearm, red Winchester pad. Bought new three years ago, hunted with one season. Possibly two boxes of shells through this gun. Has the original-style M70 trigger. These guns rival or better the quality of a Pre-1964, and shoot better.

For the man that wants a .30-06, capable of downing all North American species, this is probably the prettiest Winchester bolt gun ever made; maybe the prettiest factory bolt gun of any brand ever made.

It is ready to go to the field. Nothing else to buy: $750. Without scope: $550. (No, I will not sell the scope separately for $200.)

2. Bill

Bill Carlton Member

PM sent on trade offer

3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Are you interested in any trades, or partial trades?

4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'd much rather have cash. A quality (Browning or Winchester) over-under 20ga might change my mind. Another interest would be a Kimber 45. Other than that, my interests tend toward the older stuff (Colt's, Winchesters, Marlins, etc...collectable).

Thank you for your interest. I think these "last of the old style" Model 70's will actually become collectables in their own right relatively soon, if not already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.