Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester M1 carbine

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by RickM, Sep 24, 2011.

1. RickM

RickM PDX Member

My father has had this nice looking M1 for a long time. I can remember him shooting it once about 10 years ago. I've never shot it myself. He passed away 3 years ago and I don't have much interest in keeping it and my mother could use the money. Seems to be in above average to real nice condition. Bore is clean and bright and no rust anywhere on it. No gouges or scratches on the stock. I have been told that the more original parts it has the more it is worth. I do not know enough about these to tell. If you have questions please be clear about what you wish to know or see in pics and I will try to answer best I can. I took several pics I can send to interested parties or can take one of area you wish to see. Looking to get $850 for it. I have no interest in shipping this and am located in PDX area for a FTF deal. Best to respond by email -- rickm396@yahoo.com

IMG_1608.jpg

2. Fishnutz

Fishnutz Hillsboro Member

Let me know if you see date anywhere on it. And if all serial numbers on it all match?

3. RickM

RickM PDX Member

I don't have the rifle in front of me but do not recall seeing any visible serial #'s other than the one under the rear sight. If it has to be taken apart to see any more #'s, then a person will need to look at it in person as I don't have a clue as to how it comes apart. I don't remember seeing any dates. There is a "W" on the barrel above what I am guessing is the mount for a bayonet. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

The M1 Carbine has a single serial number on the heel. The rest of the parts may have a manufacturers mark and a drawing number. This carbine has been re-arsenaled, note adjustable rear sight and bayonet lug.

6. PNW Tom

PNW Tom NW Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

RickM,

I sent you a request for additional pic's via the email address you posted.

Thanks,

Tom

7. RickM

RickM PDX Member

Pics sent to you Tom.
    Older guy that works for me that seems to be quite knowledgeable about firearms did tell me that it is rare to find one of these with all the original parts as almost all were rebuilt 1 or more times. He didn't take it apart but did look it over and thought it was in great condition. He wanted to buy it but said his wife would kill him if he did.

8. RickM

RickM PDX Member

Still available.

9. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

The adjustable rear sight and the bayonet lug is a indication of a post war re-arsenal. "Correct" parts would be Winchester marked. You can compare drawing numbers on the parts and determine if they are correct for the time frame of the build.

A correct original condition Winchester carbine is rare and well bring $1500 or more. A re-arsenal well bring half that at most.

10. Shoot1st

Shoot1st Hillsboro, Oregon USA Earth New Member

Couple of us were wondering if the stock has any cartouches

11. RickM

RickM PDX Member

I will drop the price to $800 to any that are interested. There are no stampings or other markings on the stock. On the plus side, it is beautiful looking wood and the handguard matches the main stock.

12. RickM

RickM PDX Member

Still available

13. RickM

RickM PDX Member

I'll drop the price to $750 and no offers for trades please.

14. Cigarlvr313

Cigarlvr313 Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Is it still available?

15. RickM

RickM PDX Member

Yes, is still available. A new addition to your gun safe is a good way to start out the new year.