JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meh.... my house was built in 1880, and it's standing under a huge oak tree... :D

C76A13AF-3713-496B-B2B4-6BE6C6E37A1B.jpeg 0CA6CF7E-4CEF-4336-92A3-1C733B3B952B.jpeg

So here's a picture of the X-ray showing the bullet in the stock. It's actually a complete cartridge. So how did that get into the stock?

iu.jpg

Somebody said it had a stock that had been crudely repaired and was missing an internal part that made it a single shot weapon only. That is typical of rifles acquired and used by native Americans in the 19th century. Rawhide stock repairs and shade tree gunsmithing were pretty standard for such weapons. Makes you wonder about its history. Its owner could have died right next to it, and after 137 years there would be no evidence.

So here's a picture of the X-ray showing the bullet in the stock. It's actually a complete cartridge. So how did that get into the stock?

View attachment 583910
Some Winchester 1873 rifles have a trap / compartment for cleaning rods...maybe the cartridge was put in there...?
Andy

I'm going to stick with my initial thought and go with it having been probed by space aliens... after all, Roswell NM isn't THAT far from where it was found.

You can actually see the edge of the flat spring that would have operated the cleaning rod access door in the X-ray I would guess that this was used as an emergency ammo supply.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top