JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
30-30 Winchester
City
Allenstown
State
Other
I am trying to find a box of Winchester 30 wcf (30-30) silvertip ammo to display with a 1940 model 94. Any leads out there?

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
This is the oldest 30-30 [Ammo] I got.

FFC44E16-25E7-4468-8AE8-7D380F317948.jpeg

Last Edited:
I may be wrong but I don't think the Silver -Tip ammo was around at that point in time.
It actually was, winchester introduced it in the early 40's, then I think western bought the rights to it. I have 2 boxes of the western but the bear is standing straight up on those boxes. The earlier winchester box has a crouching bear.

It actually was, winchester introduced it in the early 40's, then I think western bought the rights to it. I have 2 boxes of the western but the bear is standing straight up on those boxes. The earlier winchester box has a crouching bear.
I learn something new every day on this Forum. KKG

These are a couple old boxes I have. The Winchester box is full, the Peters is partial.View attachment 750232View attachment 750233
I already have both, thanks though! This quest has turned into an obsession, lol. I did manage to get a near perfect box of the winchester bear box ammo. I had to pay for it! But I got it from a guy that actually wrote a book on winchester ammo, giles was his name. The top box is what I was chasing, the others were what I ran into along the way. So far, I've got 15 different boxes of early 30 wcf. Kinda went off on an ammo collecting tangent!

16005438884681033409808061923116.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.