JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bonded ammo is supposed to be better at penetrating windshields (and overpenetrating walls), but it usually leaves a narrower wound channel and is often more expensive. I chose RA9T in 147gr.

Jacket separation may reduce penetration. Theoretically, anyway. In tests, non-bonded Remington Golden Sabers and Winchester Rangers have performed very well.

I still go with bonded rounds. No reason not to.

Hmmmm...looking at the test data, the talon expands larger and penetrates very deep, while the bonded expands slightly less but penetrates slightly more.

As it should be. They are both excellent and will do their job (if you do yours).

If you still cannot decide no matter what, buy a box of RA9T and RA9B and mix them in your magazine. )

Can anyone confirm if the RA9B is different than the Q4364? I bought a few boxes of the Q4364 stuff for a good price pre-panic and have been using that as my carry ammo. Functions flawlessly in my Glock. Most of the data or recommended ammo I've found is the RA9B stuff, which looks the same as the Q4364 stuff..

Q4364 is RA9B based on what I have read. I think they renamed it into RA9B around 2008-2009.

Hmm okay, that makes me feel a little better. Do you happen to know anything about the "PDX1" bullet? I did research and found out that Winchester was moving to the PDX1 bullet, since it's supposedly a superior bullet. I'm not sure if the Winchester Ranger Bonded stuff I have now is the PDX1 or not, I'm guessing it's still a good round to use though, right? I have like 3 more boxes of this stuff, and would like to keep using it as my carry round.

The Q4364 is DOJ overrun from a Federal .gov contract. It is RA9B loaded hotter per the specs of the contract. I bought a few hundred rounds a couple years back from SGammo and that's what their product description said. I've read this elsewhere as well. It's a very good round. I tested it in water jugs..about .50 expansion and 12+" penetration (per a different source). I've carried PDX1 also and the Q4364 does not use the same bullet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top